This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Asian Language Font Setting?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cdarko
Registered Member

Asian Language Font Setting?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:31 am
I have been googling around, but have been unable to find anything relating to KDE in particular.

Is there a means for specifying which font should be used for the display of Asian Languages?
The language detection is great, [unlike android, which displays Chinese Kanji for Japanese text in applications], but it seems as though there is not a setting available (even if only through text file manipulation) for specifying a specific font to use.

If you look in LibreOffice, they have European and Asian font settings, meaning that one can use one's favourite roman-letter font for roman letters, and one's favourite Asian font for asian letters.
Am I just not looking hard enough, or is there no such setting in KDE?
ertekazk
Registered Member

Re: Asian Language Font Setting?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:47 am
Same with arabic

-----------------------------------------
تصميم مواقعالتسويق الالكتروني‬
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Have you tried setting up Font Substitution rules in "Qt Configuration"?
Simply run "qtconfig" to access it.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
cdarko
Registered Member

Re: Asian Language Font Setting?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:07 pm
Qt configuration isn't installed by default, but that sounds as though it could be a reasonable enough solution.
It would be cool if eventually there was some way to hook ibus into the localisation and have it all configurable from the languages section, but thinking about that does make it more apparent to me why this is not the case.