This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Squished/tight text line spacing in apps

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
woodsman
Registered Member
Hi,

I'm using KDE 4.10.1. I'm hoping there is a config option somewhere I'm not finding. :)

In several apps the text line spacing is squished/tight. By squished/tight I mean the spacing between the lines is small where the text almost overlaps. There is space between the lines but very little.

Examples include the feed list and feed summaries in akregator, the documents list in the left-side documents pane in kate, the list of options in the kate settings dialog, the file list in ark, the list of emails in any kmail folder message window.

Is there a config option for this line spacing?

Thanks. :)
luebking
No, sounds like you selected a font with undercut extents in "kcmshell4 fonts" / General.
To try and if you've access: MS "Segoe UI" has enourmous ascent/descent values (ie much whitespace above and below)
If that (or usually just changing the font to DejaVu) doesn't fix it, you encounter sth. else.
woodsman
Registered Member
Hi,

I tested several fonts and different sizes. No change. :)

luebking
Is it a latin font?
Can you post s screenshot?
woodsman
Registered Member
I'm using Arial. Here is a screen shot from Akregator:

Akregator fonts

luebking
That's pretty much "normal" - the wide extents in Windows derive from the SegoeUI font attributes, you will get them under X11/Qt/Gtk+ as well.
woodsman
Registered Member
Here is a better snapshot:

Akregator fonts