This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Get rid of a plasma applet

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Llama
Registered Member
OS

Get rid of a plasma applet

Sat May 18, 2013 6:58 pm
Hi,

There's a bug in Remember The Milk applet: it disregards any attempt at removing it. What can be done about it?
google01103
Manager

Re: Get rid of a plasma applet  Topic is solved

Sat May 18, 2013 7:28 pm
if all fails you could hand edit the plasma-desktop-appletsrc file
obviously you should back it up first
might be best to kill plasma-desktop using kquitapp, then restart it after file has been edited and saved
appears each widget/plasmoid/applet have 2 or more sections (called "[containments]") in the file

as I don't recall ever doing this I can't guarantee it it will work or muck things up

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Hans
Administrator
OS

Re: Get rid of a plasma applet

Sat May 18, 2013 8:59 pm
Why won't it go away? Is it removed, but then restored when you log out and log in again? In that case you could try to force Plasma to save the settings (this is usually due to the plasma-desktop process crashing when you log out) with the command
Code: Select all
kquitapp plasma-desktop

You can start it again with
Code: Select all
plasma-desktop

If that's not the problem, then the only method I know is the one mentioned by google01103, or you could try to create a new activity and then delete the activity with the Remember The Milk plasmoid.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
Llama
Registered Member
OS

Re: Get rid of a plasma applet

Wed May 22, 2013 6:43 am
Thanks! It disappeared all on it's own as soon as I set about the business :)