This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Move KDE theme without a GUI

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sdfjjhsdfs
Registered Member

Move KDE theme without a GUI

Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:41 am
In a nutshell I have a virtualised environment dedicated to a single QT application. I'd like the appearance and colours to be inline with my KDE host. How do I copy the theme over without installing all of KDE on the guest? I understand this isn't as trivial as copying some files from /usr/share/themes like it is with GTK.

Thankyou for any help
luebking

Re: Move KDE theme without a GUI

Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:47 pm
What "theme"?
If it links kdelibs or even kdeworkspace, you'll require KDE.

The stock Qt ui styles of course don't require KDE, neither do bespin, skulpture and QtCurve (latter iirc. depending on build flag) - oxygen requires kdelibs.
sdfjjhsdfs
Registered Member

Sat Jun 08, 2013 4:12 pm
luebking wrote:What "theme"?
If it links kdelibs or even kdeworkspace, you'll require KDE.

The stock Qt ui styles of course don't require KDE, neither do bespin, skulpture and QtCurve (latter iirc. depending on build flag) - oxygen requires kdelibs.

I think it's quite clear I'm not familiar with KDE terminology.

Under System Settings-->Application Appearance-->Style/Colours I have specific settings. I want to set those same settings on another system without installing the entire System Settings GUI. Obviously the GUI is just a front end for some lower level configuration files somewhere or something, right?
luebking
you can alter the GUI style and colors via "qtconfig" or edit

[qt]
style=<stylename>
Palette\active=
Palette\inactive=
Palette\disabled=

in ~/.config/Trolltech.conf

However, the style plugin must be installed, what holds for the stock styles and installed styles, limited by the dependency restrictions mentioned before.
So

[qt]
style=oxygen

will fail if you don't have oxygen installed, or the oxygen plugin library has unresolved (KDE) dependencies.
And you don't want to edit the palette by hand (but copy it from the host configuration is of course possible)
sdfjjhsdfs
Registered Member

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 pm
That sounds great, thanks.