This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

How do I change color of this element?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
enesaiswatching
Registered Member
Hello!

I would like to change the color of active task in my taskbar. It currently looks like below, and I do not like this blue glow:

I think it is connected to workspace appearance ---> desktop theme ---> details ---> panel background / task items, but there is no way to modify it (or at least I can't find it). I tried using different colors in application apperance ---> colors ---> color, but it doesn't seem to work.

Thank you in advance for all your help :)
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The elements of the task bar should (in theory) be controlled by the Plasma theme you are using. Plasma themes are made out of a metadata file and a series of SVG images, which contain the various elements used to build the entire appearance of the Plasma Desktop. It is likely one of these elements in a particular image contains the "glow" in question.

You should be able to find the default Plasma Desktop theme at $PREFIX/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/. The appropriate SVG image file for the Task Manager applet is widgets/tasks.svgz. You will need to use a program such as Inkscape to edit it.

More documentation on producing your own Plasma theme can be found on KDE Techbase (techbase.kde.org)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]