This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Skulpture artwork (RFC)

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SeaJey
Registered Member
OS

RE: Skulpture artwork (RFC)

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:48 pm
@SeaJey, is your configuration problem solved?

Particually.
Accidentally I've delete my root partition then I've reinstalled my system with same home dir.
Now changes in Skulpture settings are applying and Slider thickness is working globally. But Verticlal and Horizontal arrows Bottom/Top and Right/Left works only in Skulpture settings preview, not globally - they are always Covered.
Using kubuntu 8.10 KDE 4.2 Skulpture 0.2.2.1

1. Does anyone also get an ugly black rendering in KRunner input line with a light Plasma color scheme, or is it just me? Is there anything else that needs to be fixed? I would like to release a final 0.2.3 soon.

Like this one?

3. I am thinking about making Skulpture a KDE style starting with 0.3.x, without possibility to compile a pure Qt version. Background is that KDE is now available on all major platforms. Objections?

It's fine for me.

kubuntu 10.04 AMD64 - KDE 4.4
AMD - radeonHD - M-Audio revolution 5.1
zak89
Registered Member
OS

Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:22 pm
@zak89, there is now "Atelier", a nice Skulpture compatible Plasma theme, thanks to jamboarder (of Aya fame): http://www.kde-look.org/content/show.php...tent=99440

I was just heading over here to post that theme! Looks like you beat me to it. It looks really nice with the Skulpture theme. I'm currently using the Crystal Kwin theme, though. It has the same sharp corners, straight lines and narrow borders, and I don't particularly care for the window decs with Skulpture. Too minimalistic for my tastes.

zak89, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
cfeck
KDE Developer

Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:18 pm
The ugly black frame in KRunner should be fixed in 0.2.2.2 snapshot. Anything else that needs to be fixed before the final 0.2.3 release?

@SeaJey, I am not able to find the root of your configuration problem. I am still convinced that it is because of a version mismatch. You could run the following command as root to make sure you really only have a single "libskulpture.so" file installed:

Code: Select all
find / -print | grep -i skulpture

You could try the following: Do other scrollbar arrow modes work, such as "Bottom" or "None"? Does the style preview of the KDE KCM (where you select the style) change when you hit "OK" in Skulpture configuration dialog? Could you send me your ~/.config/SkulptureStyle.ini file with different modes applied?

Christoph Feck
zak89
Registered Member
OS

Re: Skulpture artwork (RFC)

Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:31 pm
Any news on whether/when skulpture will support KDE 4.4's Window Grouping (tabbing)? I've been a big fan of Skulpture but the new tabbing is too good to pass up, so I am forced to use Oxygen (or "Tabstrip", ugh...).

zak89, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Nov.
cfeck
KDE Developer

Tue Feb 16, 2010 4:03 pm
Any news on whether/when skulpture will support KDE 4.4's Window Grouping (tabbing)?
deKorator will get it first, but not before the easter holidays.

Christoph Feck
wesbluemarine
Registered Member

Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:35 am
What about the generic shadows? kwin shadows are ok on the latest snapshots but there are no shadows for right click menu etc...