This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Pager - adjust colors, or alternative widget?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
dstevens
Registered Member
Is there any way to adjust the colors of the Pager widget? It is nigh-on impossible to read the desktop names, with the shadow/outline of the open applications and the transparent grey text.

Alternatively, is there an alternative widget that does the same job but allows for greater customization?

I am using KDE 4.3.4 if that makes a difference.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Any particular reason why you're using such an old version?

You can change the desktop theme for just that widget - in newer versions it's in System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop Theme -> Details -> Pager. Not sure if it's the same in 4.3.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
scummos
Global Moderator
OS
I must admit I'm having similar problems with the pager widget, in 4.11 (but since ever). There's not really any theme which has readable desktop-names and an easy-to-recognize highlighting for the currently active desktop. Anyone knows of a clear pager theme?

I'm working on the KDevelop IDE.
Hans
Administrator
OS
Have you tried the Oxygen theme?

My favorite theme is Glassified, but I'm not sure how well the text shows up on the pager (I used to have a text-less pager, now I don't have a pager at all).

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
dstevens
Registered Member
Thanks for the suggestions. I have tried different themes but they all suffer from the same issue - if I could disable the outline of the desktop's open applications in the pager it would improve it to a certain extent.

Hans wrote:You can change the desktop theme for just that widget - in newer versions it's in System Settings -> Workspace Appearance -> Desktop Theme -> Details -> Pager. Not sure if it's the same in 4.3.

This option doesn't appear to exist in 4.3

Hans wrote:Any particular reason why you're using such an old version?

Unfortunately it's out of my control, I'm just using what I've been given at work!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I would suggest using a completely seperate theme in this case. Trying the various themes available from kde-look.org is your best bet in this case.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]