This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Changing / removing highlight color for hot corners

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ssri
Registered Member
OS
Is it possible to change the color or remove the hot corner indicator?

Using KDE 4.11.1
luebking
Asked before. It's an svg in the plasma theme (same as for autohiding panel indicator)
ssri
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:Asked before. It's an svg in the plasma theme (same as for autohiding panel indicator)

A simple "look to systemsettings -> Desktop Effects -> Screen Edges to turn them off" would've sufficed.

Last edited by ssri on Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
luebking
your first question was to change the colors and to disable the indicator (not the edge itself), disable the effect in "kcmshell4 kwincompositing", 2nd tab.

learn to ask explicit questions to get explicit answers.
ssri
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:your first question was to change the colors and to disable the indicator (not the edge itself), disable the effect in "kcmshell4 kwincompositing", 2nd tab.
No, my first question contained an "or," not an "and." It was either to change it OR disable the highlight color itself.
luebking
.... Ie:

1) "I want to change the color."
2) "Or I want to remove it altogether."

Despite connected in one sentence, this are two questions; the first being to change the color - so apparently the preferred solution to your problem.

By your weird logics, it would have been only one question in the first place (so no "first question" at all) - but *one* question expecting *two* different answers for *two* solutions to *two* problems. ("How to change color", "How to disable it")

If you didn't like the answer to the first question ("But I hate inkscape"), you could have just stated that to get the answer to the question for the secondary alternative solution to your issue.
ssri
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:.... Ie:

1) "I want to change the color."
2) "Or I want to remove it altogether."

Despite connected in one sentence, this [sic] are two questions; the first being to change the color - so apparently the preferred solution to your problem
Except that you are assuming the first question was the preferred one, and you are the one who conflated the two questions into one in the first place (see post #4). As for preference, it would have been rather absurd to ask how to remove a feature and then request how to modify it in the same instance. Or better yet, asking how to modify the indicator and remove it entirely shortly thereafter. Do any of these two scenarios flow from normal behavior?

The ideal answer to my original question would be one in full, i.e. your answer and mine together. I did not know if there was one program that allowed one to do BOTH, and there's none unless one deletes or modifies '/usr/share/apps/desktoptheme/default/icontasks/indicators.svgz' to remove the indicator or make it transparent respectively. Then again, I don't know if that svgz is the right one since you neglected to specify which svgz needed editing and I found the solution on how to remove the presence of the indicator from an obscure bug report before testing it out, no thanks to you.

Even your answer in bringing up "Desktop Effects" via the terminal is of little import. You neglect to mention which kwin effect is responsible for the hotcorner indicator, as "Present Windows" does not have an option to remove or modify it. Nor is there any option under "All Effects" that screams out "hot corner indicator" configuration.