This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Panels and plasmoids won't restore their positions.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SysGhost
Registered Member
Greetings.

I got a tiny problem with KDE. To be more specific: The panels and plasmoids (widgets?) won't stay put.

Here is my simple setup:
I got two monitors connected to a Radeon GPU (Using proprietary driver aur/catalyst-total version 13.4).
To this, I got two panels and a few plasmoids for each screen. Both panels are at the bottom of the screens. Auto hiding is turned on.

The problem:
Whenever the secondary monitor is deactivated, or when I run a fullscreen application, the panels and widgets/plasmoids on the screen that deactivates will move over to the active screen. That is okay. They're supposed to do that.
But...
Once the screen reactivates, or when the fullscreen application quits, the panels and widgets/plasmoids in question won't move back again.
I have to unlock, manually move panels and widgets/plasmoids back to the other screen, and relock them. This have to be repeated each and every time a screen deactivates or when the system runs a full screen application.

What I want:
I want the panels and widgets/plasmoids to move back to their original positions once the other screen is reactivated/full screen application quits.

Suggestions?
SysGhost
Registered Member
It looks like I've found the culprit. It's a bug. https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=293453
The bad side of it is that I cannot solve it. It is beyond me.