This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Change "oldschool" notification location?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
benjamindaines
Registered Member
OS
I'm currently running my desktop configure without a panel or system notification area. Because I don't have a notification area or a notifications widget, I get notifications what would normally be plasma pop ups as opaque notification boxes in the top, middle of my screen. Unfortunately, this is where I have krunner positioned. Is there anyway to change the location of these pop ups? Perhaps to a bottom or top corner of the screen? I heavily rely on krunner, so it's somewhat inconvenient to have notifications pop up over it when I'm trying to launch apps or do other krunnery things.

Thanks!
luebking
Nope, hardcoded in NotifyByPopup::notify()
http://api.kde.org/4.x-api/kde-runtime- ... ource.html
Hans
Administrator
OS
As a workaround, you could try a different notification system, e.g. Colibri or Dunst.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
benjamindaines
Registered Member
OS
Hans wrote:As a workaround, you could try a different notification system, e.g. Colibri or Dunst.

Thank you. I ended up going to Colibri