This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Large icons in the panel system tray

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
irisuser
Registered Member
OS

Large icons in the panel system tray

Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm
Hello everyone!

Excuse my English, I'm using a translator :)

I try to explain :)

I have wanted these icons, you know, the battery, network, wifi, volume, etc., were greater or equal to any of the icons for the launchers. In openSUSE.

The other day upgrade the laptop from a friend, with another distro with kde, fedora 18 to 19 and found that those icons were that way, adapting the size of the panel, which is set quite wide; D

Compare packages Oxygen theme between both distros, fedora and openSUSE versions and looked the same, I suppose tuned to the specific distro, of course :)

I was hoping that the latest update of KDE to version 12 may have to do with this but it seems that it is something else?

You know as I could make this change?

Greetings!
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Can you please post a screenshot displaying this behaviour?
In most cases, the size of the icons used by Plasma in the panel is determined by the height and width of the panel - reducing the panel height should reduce the size of the icons.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
irisuser
Registered Member
OS
hello,

thanks for the reply :)

Of course I would like to catch but not how to do it ???

I do not have permission to attach 8)

Greetings!
irisuser
Registered Member
OS
Hello again :)

You can see an example if you visit this link of a openSUSE forum where I am asking the same question:
http://www.forosuse.org/forosuse/showth ... post175896

The first image is openSUSE and the second is Fedora 20 (the change occurred in the update 18-19 and kept when upgrading to version 20)

Also probe the live version of fedora 20 default but this effect does not appear to include icons in the system tray. seems to be related to a later update?

Thanks again! ;D
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
For various reasons images can't be attached on this forum - please post them on an external image sharing site.

KDE Sysadmin
irisuser
Registered Member
OS
Hello again :)

You can see an example if you visit this link of a openSUSE forum where I am asking the same question:
http://www.forosuse.org/forosuse/showth ... post175896

The first image is openSUSE and the second is Fedora 20 (the change occurred in the update 18-19 and kept when upgrading to version 20)

Also probe the live version of fedora 20 default but this effect does not appear to include icons in the system tray. seems to be related to a later update?

Thanks again! ;D
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
I'm afraid their site requires registration to access the images - something which is quite difficult to complete as the process is in Spanish.
I'd suggest posting them on somewhere like Dropbox, Google Drive, Imageshack, etc.

KDE Sysadmin