This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Lancelot: remove section "contacts"

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Musikhörer
Registered Member

Lancelot: remove section "contacts"

Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:43 am
Hello!

I like "lancelot", but I don't use the KDE-PIM apps. So I'd like to get rid of the section contacts in "lancelot". I know I can deselect this section when I choose to show sections outside the panel, each as a serrate icon inside KDE's control panel. But I haven't found any way to get rid of this section inside the panel. Is this possible somehow, like editing a certain config file or similar?

Thanks in advance for any help.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
You should be able to access the same settings if you right click on Lancelot in the panel > Lancelot Settings.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
Musikhörer
Registered Member
No. I can only choose categories, if I choose them to be shown separately in KDE control bar. (Screenshot 1) If I choose to let the categories be shown inside the panel, I get to choose the program symbol, but I can not choose which category is to be shown and which is not. (Screenshot 2)

??? Where is the button to upload the screenshots?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
For various reasons the forum itself doesn't host user content - please upload it to a 3rd party service and post the links here.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
ivan
KDE Developer
OS
The option to choose which categories are shown is only available if the icons (categories) are shown in the panel.

It is not possible to remove it from the menu itself, at least not in the current version.

Musikhörer
Registered Member
Thanks for intervening, Ivan. But I think you mean the other way round: categories can be chosen, when they are to be displayed in KDE's control bar. My understanding is, that "Inside the panel" means inside of Lancelot. Or am I mistaken there?

But I guess we are talking about the same thing. ;)

But I believe I remember that in some previous version the categories could be chosen in either case. Am I right?
ivan
KDE Developer
OS
Panel usually refers to the bar where you have your menu, tasks, clock and similar. I guess that is what you call the 'control bar'.

> But I believe I remember that in some previous version the categories

No, that was never an option, at least not without recompiling Lancelot (I know some people did this)

Musikhörer
Registered Member
Hmm, must be confusing something there. I could have sworn I saw that option once... years ago, when KDE 4.0 was around. Never mind.