This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

menu (Homerun, HRkicker, Lancelot) searchbox theme elements?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
codenamesql
Registered Member
Hi guys,

As the topic suggests, I'm asking exactly which/where theme/image/color elements comprise the search box in the menus?

I found a couple of tutorials which gave me an execellent foundation into the SVG design/implementation but didn't find specific info about the search field.

I've spent a considerable amount of time searching already and that has paid off in other tidbits of knowledge. :) No luck with my answer though...

Thanks!
ivan
KDE Developer
OS
It should be in widgets/lineedit.svgz (if the theme you are basing yours on does not contain that element, you can get it from the default one)

Cheers

codenamesql
Registered Member
ivan wrote:It should be in widgets/lineedit.svgz (if the theme you are basing yours on does not contain that element, you can get it from the default one)

Cheers

Thanks Ivan, that's the image I was looking for. I was having an intermittent cache interference.

Last questions, which section/line in the colors file controls the text color (of the search box)?

And is there a listing/cheat sheet somewhere for the color configuration file?

(edit for cheat sheet clarity):

I did find this:
http://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tut ... emeDetails

where it states in the Colors section:
Here is a list of color entries in the colors file that are currently actively used in a Plasma theme:

[Colors:Window]
ForegroundNormal the text color applied to text on the standard background elements; maps to Theme::TextColor
DecorationHover the color used for text highlighting; maps to Theme::HighlightCoor
BackgroundNormal the default background color, for items that paint a background themselves, allowing them to blend in with the theme; maps to Theme::BackgroundColor
[Colors:Button]
ForegroundNormal the text color to use on push buttons; maps to Theme::ButtonTextColor
BackgroundNormal used for hinting buttons; maps to Theme::ButtonBackgroundColor
ForegroundActive color used to tint BackgroundNormal for final button hinting color
[Colors:View]
ForegroundLink clickable text link font color
ForegroundVisited visited clickable text link font color

Other colors in the file may be used by individual widgets or used in the future, so it doesn't hurt to provide a complete colorscheme file and is probably a safer strategy.

What I'm after is the complete colorscheme list along with descriptons (if available, such as with the description of the widgets from the same link above):

Currently also used by individual widgets, which should give a good idea of additional usage patterns:

[Colors:View]
ForegroundActive used by the digital and fuzzy clocks for the default text color, dictionary widget for results text, microblog for status update text
ForegroundInactive used by the pager to draw non-active windows and frames, microblog for user names
ForegroundNormal used by microblog for status update entry area background

Note that some of these may end up folded back into Plasma::Theme properly at some point.
ivan
KDE Developer
OS
Unfortunately, that is not something I can help you with.

The colour scheme file was always unnatural to me :)