This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Sensitivity of panels

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
akozlovsky
Registered Member

Sensitivity of panels

Sun May 18, 2014 10:16 pm
Hello. You know I used Ubuntu for a long time and I'm used to Unity panel with auto-hide. I find it convenient. So, I've started to use KDE for three month ago and there is just only one thing that makes me crazy sometimes. I'm trying to use one panel as Unity panel. I've create panel and click "auto-hide" in the settings. The thing that I dislike is that the sensitivity is too big. Is only I have problem with it?
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Re: Sensitivity of panels

Tue May 20, 2014 7:56 am
I'm afraid the sensitivity of the panels isn't tweakable. I'm guessing you're finding it too easy to trigger the display of the hidden panel?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
akozlovsky
Registered Member

Tue May 20, 2014 10:53 am
I have no any assumption about the implementation of it.
I've tried KDE Plasma Next and the problem is not so relevant as in 4.x version. But will be much better if in the next version there will be possibility to regulate the sensitivity.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS

Wed May 21, 2014 9:12 am
At this time i'm not aware of any plans to introduce settings to control the sensitivity of the hidden panel activation i'm afraid. You may wish to report a wish, however please note that Plasma Desktop (KDE 4.x series) is not getting any further feature development at this time.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]