This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Rapid Wallpaper Slideshow Transitions.

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
chuzzle44
Registered Member
I was curious if it would be possible to increase the speed of the wallpaper slideshow, as it seems to be limited to ten seconds. I have a set of six images that are exactly the same, other than the color, and I would love to have these images change every couple of seconds to give the effect of fluctuating colors. I see that KDE supports qml animations, however, I cannot even begin to imagine how to accomplish what I want that way.

I do apologize if this is not the correct place to ask this question. I was a bit unsure where to pose this query as it is a rather odd one, I would think.
chuzzle44
Registered Member
I would also like to note that I have tried the application Wally. Same. Exact Problem.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
The limit of 10 seconds is imposed to prevent Plasma from imposing load on the system. By the sounds of it you're attempting to simulate a animated desktop background of some description. Is this correct?

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
chuzzle44
Registered Member
I am so sorry. You cannot imagine how busy I have been. I completely forgot to check back here.
To answer your question, yes, that is what I am trying to achieve.
Thank you very much for your help.
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Okay, i'm afraid that isn't possible at the moment - you will need to write your own desktop wallpaper plugin to achieve the desired results. At the moment I believe this can only be accomplished using C++ code unfortunately.

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]
chuzzle44
Registered Member
Thank you very much for your help.