This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Expanding desktop icon text field so it doesn't 'fade out'

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
N9NU
Registered Member
OS
Hi

As seen in the screenshot below, the text field underneath the icons is limited to 'x' many spaces within the field, thus causing the text to 'fade out' as shown. I wish to prevent this if possible and need a bit of information if availalbe. I have the 'Folder Settings' 'Icon--> Text Line' option set to one (1) as I prefer only a single line of text below each icon. This only happens when there is more text than can fit within the text field of course, thus shorter descriptions (text) fit on the single line w/o fading. It has been like this (for myself) for several years and I doubt it's a bug at all, but rather just the way it's coded. I thought it may be associated with the specific 'Desktop Theme' or 'Style' I was using, however, I was unable to find any specific options that controlled that effect. I know I could always reduce the desktop font size, however, it's already set to '9' points.

Is there a way to prevent the text from fading into oblivion via a setting that I have yet to find or a config file that I can edit ? I have the following installed:

KDE Version: Platform Version 4.13.95 on Mageia Devel
KDE Style: Oxygen Transparent
KDE Desktop Theme: Blue Sora
KDE Window Decoration: Oxygen Transparent
Desktop Compositing Method: OpenGL 3.1 via Native - Accurate
Desktop Text/Font Size: Nine (9) - Sans Serif
Desktop Icon Size: 16 - H2O Icon Theme

Tim
ARS N9NU
bcooksley
Administrator
OS
Are you using a Folder View based desktop, or is each icon independently removable? (You will be able to reposition or remove them when widgets are locked if it is a Folder View based desktop)

KDE Sysadmin
[img]content/bcooksley_sig.png[/img]