This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Theme going back to ugly gtk type after each reboot .

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS
HI all. I use kde over a "mate-linuxmint" (...)
At start my apps and windows are quite ugly. I go to look and feel and the theme selected is oxygen ( but it do not look like it, more like gtk+ style or something)
I choose any other theme, then apply, then go back to oxygen apply and I am good...
Only for the running apps. If I launch after that eg Konsole it is in this" GTk+ style".
I have to do it again to affect this open windows. True with any future apps that I launch.
I "think" that this mess start with kde-gtk-config because when I was choosing a theme for my gtk apps it applies to the entire system.
I remove it after.
Any help would be great.
Cheers.
Laurent.

Last edited by laurentdebian on Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
google01103
Manager
have you tried deleting/renaming your gtk config files and then restarting KDE
files probably would be:
~/.gtkrc-2.0
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS
Thanks for your answer but unfortunately the problem is still there...
laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS
I just reinstall : qtcurve, gtk2-engines-oxygen gtk3-engines-oxygen, and the problem seems to be solved except for the kick off menu ( which I use in calssical mode) maybe they are others....
google01103
Manager
laurentdebian wrote:I just reinstall : qtcurve, gtk2-engines-oxygen gtk3-engines-oxygen, and the problem seems to be solved except for the kick off menu ( which I use in calssical mode) maybe they are others....

you mean the kick off menu looks wrong or that apps opened with the menu open with the wrong theme? have you restarted KDE?

laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS
I Mean the kick of menu looks wrong and changing theme then going back to oxygen restore it in the good looking it is supposed to be...
I just tested a lot of qt apps ( Konsole Kile K3b Kwrite Kate Kmail konqeror) and now they look fine even after a rebout so it seems there is only the kick off menu left with this problem
google01103
Manager
delete it then re-add it

laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS
I just did ... without succes ( to be precise I delete the all board and recreate a defaut one).
google01103
Manager
systemsettings -> workspace appearance -> desktop theme -> details ->k ickoff -> try changing it to something else, apply it, then change back to oxygen

only other thing I can think of is to delete /var/tmp/kdecache-your_user_account but you need to do it when your KDE session is not running, so as another user use kdesu -u or from a virtual terminal using rm

laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:29 am
Well,
when I do
"systemsettings -> workspace appearance -> desktop theme -> details ->k ickoff -> try changing it to something else, apply it, then change back to oxygen"
It has no effect at all on kick-off ..
I did remove the entiere kde cache from /var/tmp/kdecache-laurent ( login in console mode from kdm) but it has no effect either.
So up to now the only effect is if I DO systemsettings -> "applications appearance ">style and I switch away and back from oxygen
luebking
run qtconfig[-qt4], see what style is configured there, in doubt fix it, restart plasma-desktop (in doubt log out-in) and see what happens.
laurentdebian
Registered Member
OS

Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:56 pm
OK I intalled and run qtconfig4, it detected indeed gtk+ style as default. I choose oxygen and this time It Stay after leaving kde.
Thanks !
luebking
does anybody happen to know why the style kcm does no longer set the qt style config? bug or intentional?