This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Used to be able to, why no longer ???

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Shabakthanai
Registered Member
OS
Kubuntu 14.04 KDE 4.13.3

Aesthetics are important to me. To orient you to my Desktop, I place my default panel on the top edge of the Desktop. I prefer items drop down rather than drop up. I place a Kmenu Icon on the left edge of the panel, another in the middle of the panel and one on the right edge of the panel. That way, my cursor is always close to the applications menu.

In the past it was a simple task to extend the open menu to place maximum Favorite items on-screen (should be one word 'onscreen' in my opinion). By placing the cursor in the lower corner of the Kmenu Window, you could adjust width and length at the same time. This was nice, because you could cut down on the amount of white space to the right of the menu text, as well as usually you could get all your favorites in a single list when open. And somewhere in my memory, I seem to remember making drop-downs for things like lists of movies and music, where the background was completely transparent, much like the 'Bare Naked' theme. With a dark background wallpaper and fonts of gold or white, it was a most attractive presentation.

Some time during the recent past, minimum width of the Kmenu drop-down became fixed. Older, I prefer larger fonts and images, so when that area was fixed at a minimum width, the size of the open Menu became huge and unattractive with too much white space to the right of the text. I am a huge fan of Kubuntu and KDE largely due to the capability to reconfigure most things to my liking. It sure would be nice to have this feature back. Thanks for the read! 8-)