This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Newer KDE releases. Remove desktop selection markers?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
William_na
Registered Member
Do the new/beta versions of KDE still force users to keep the + icons on all the desktop icons ? Sorry for the dumb question but its really not worth having to install it just to check out if the KDE team fix that. If anyone knows what those little + icons are called let me know and I'll changed the subject this post as well. Thx.

Last edited by William_na on Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
The "selection markers" can be disabled in Plasma5's folderview widget.
William_na
Registered Member
Thank you for the reply. Its been a long long while since I've used kde, but with "folderview" does that mean even the desktop icons can now be free of the selection markers instead of only the file manager ones ? If I remember correctly, your desktop could be set to folderview as well ? Hope Im taking your answer correctly, I'd love to try KDE again, it used to be my desktop of choice.
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
William_na wrote:Its been a long long while since I've used kde, but with "folderview" does that mean even the desktop icons can now be free of the selection markers instead of only the file manager ones ?

Yes, this is possible in Plasma5. Right-click on the folderview plasmoid or the desktop and choose "Folder Settings". You can enable disable them in the "Icons" section.

If I remember correctly, your desktop could be set to folderview as well ?

Yes, this is still possible as well.
William_na
Registered Member
Thats great!! Thanks for all the help. I'm looking very forward to trying KDE again.