This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

[SOLVED] Kate: alt now sends keyboard focus to the menubar

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
luebking
Ah. For KDE4 applications ensure to set the style in "kcmshell4 style"
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS
luebking wrote:Ah. For KDE4 applications ensure to set the style in "kcmshell4 style"

This seems to be the same settings that I access via the "normal" system settings. Options also persist between both types, and `kcmshell4 style` also doesn't persist in Dolphin.

My system settings already appear to be from KDE4.
Code: Select all
$ pacman -Qo $(which systemsettings)
/usr/bin/systemsettings is owned by kdebase-workspace 4.11.17-1
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS
Okay, I've reported an "issue" with Qt here, although as you say, I'm not sure that it's something that they would change.

I've also tried patching Qt5-base and this fixes the problem for me. However, the package took two hours to build with 8 cores! In the future (for updates) is there an alternative way? I assume that the style files I patched were compiled into binaries? Is there a way I can upgrade with Arch's official Qt[45] binaries, while patching the cleanlooks or fusion styles from source and saving them elsewhere, without having to compile the entirety of Qt[45]?

Also, related to new Dolphin windows reverting their style, it seems I'm not the only one with this problem.
luebking
The core styles are built into libQt5Widgets - it's sufficient to build that (qtbase/src/widgets), you don't have to build all the other libs.
3rd party style of course build faster ;-)
sparhawk
Registered Member
OS
Hm… it seems that building only part of Qt might prove difficult anyway. I'll look for third party styles sometime, then. As stated earlier, with the loss of oxygen-gtk, there's a bit of a gap for uniform themes, but I might have to hunt more when I finally move to Plasma 5. (I did check out Virtuality, but you are correct… it is quite a radical approach!)

Thanks once again for all your help.