This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Make Panel Vertical?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
robbyk
Registered Member

Make Panel Vertical?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 4:58 pm
So, that's what I'm wondering, is there a way to make the (task) panel (bottom of screen), vertical? I also have a top panel that I want to put on the other side of screen. Is there away to this other than changing the coding (I guess that's the right word), I have no idea what I'm doing there, and don't plan on learning now.

Also one other quick question, I have the alt-ctrl-backspace to kill the session, I can't seem to find the right combination, to just kill the non-responsive program, is there a combination for that? Like last night I had a very large download, that after an hour was about 75% done, and I screwed up and froze up a program, and had to kill the session, which meant I had to restart the download, very frustrating.

Thanks
google01103
Manager

Re: Make Panel Vertical?

Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:49 pm
vertical - on a panel click on the cashew on the right and then above the panel in the middle will pop "screen edge" just drag and drop it to a side

kill an app:
- gui app: alt+esc+esc, a skull will appear then move it with the mouse to the offending window and left click
- a non-gui process, alt+esc then select the process then left click "end process"

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x