This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Aurorae: Use color scheme font colors for titlebar text

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
MirceaKitsune
Registered Member
OS
I forked a few Plasma and Aurorae themes so I could better customize them to my liking. The main thing I've wanted to implement was color scheme support, so that all panels use the Window Background color. I am however running into an issue which I'm not sure how to solve.

For SVG elements there is no problem: You use something like "class ColorScheme-Background" and fill:currentColor on the element you wish to colorize. The problem is text, as it is not part of the SVG file and you cannot define its color there. For Plasma this is fine, as the scheme's font color is automatically used. But for KWin / Aurorae it is a problem, because the font color is defined within the theme settings and inflexible. The themerc settings in control of font colors are:

Code: Select all
ActiveTextColor=255,255,255,255
InactiveTextColor=223,223,223,255
ActiveTextShadowColor=0,0,0,255
InactiveTextShadowColor=0,0,0,255

The above is what I currently use for my themes, since they work best for all possible background colors. Still, I want the titlebar font to become black when I use a light color scheme, and white when I use a dark color scheme. Does Aurorae offer any workarounds to get this done?

To test the issue: Get one of my colorizable themes, Colorbit or Freeze. Apply it and try different color schemes, such as Oxygen and Wonton Soup. The titlebar decoration changes color with the window background as intended (like Oxygen), but the font is always white. This means that it looks good if using a dark theme, but wrong if using a bright theme.