This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

mouse behaviour

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
lgrabow
Registered Member

mouse behaviour

Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:07 am
This post is regarding Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe, i7-3770k 3.5GHZ, 16.0 GB ram, openSUSE 13.2 64-bit, KDE 4.14.3

Since I have upgraded to opensuse 13.2 with KDE 4.14.3 [fresh install] the mouse [wired, optical] has been behaving oddly. To eliminate any hardware issues, I tried a couple of new ones, but the problem persists.

Problem - When the mouse is right clicked for the drop down menu, it has to be clicked several times for the dropdown menu to stay open, so something can be selected.

This happens in:
a] internet browsers [firefox, chrome, chromium, but not Konqueror]
and
b] in the file Manager Dolphin

The browser versions are:
firefox 35.0-9.1
chrome 39.0.2171.71-1
chromium 39.0.2171.65-4.4

File manager version is:
Dolphin 14.12.1-8.21

There is one other odd thing happening, with the mouse and that is:
If my music player [audacious now, but others are the same] is on top of a window and playing an mp3 and I start typing in that window [such as renaming a song, so I would have clicked on a song[file]] it stops playing the 1st mp3 and starts playing the song I clicked.
Other than that, just the things I mentioned in my 1st post. [certain browsers and Dolphin]

I know there are other browsers and file managers out there and I could certainly try others suggested to if it would test or correct the problem.
Anyone have any idea where I might start to look to solve this dilemma?
Thanks