This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Make KDE lighter

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Make KDE lighter

Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:53 pm
Greetings,

I am using Kubuntu 14 lts on a Toshiba Satellite U400-J10 with 2GB of ram and Kde + Chromium is using 70% + of available Ram memory. The system becomes too slow when other applications are started.

I have turned off all desktop effects, changed the Workspace appearance from Oxygen to Plastik and de-activated desktop search.

What other things I can do to make my system's footprint smaller?

Thanks,

Michel
google01103
Manager

Re: Make KDE lighter

Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:11 pm
occasionally restart Chrome and keep the number of tabs and extensions to a minimum, with it using 70% any adjustment to other processes is gonna be minimal

in Chrome -> More Tools -> Task Manager, you can see which tabs and ext's are using the ram

maybe checkout other browsers, though I sometime think if its available the browser will use it

when you did those things how much memory did you free up?

ram is cheap and 2gb is not so much these days so consider up'ing the amount

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:22 am
I started using Midori and that resulted in Ram usage in the 50% range. I have another 2GB of Ram available but the Notebook only accepts a maximum of 2GB!

My previous tweaks resulted in the 70% memory usage vs 80% before.

Is there a lighter KDE I can use?

Thanks,

Michel

Last edited by michelmassoud on Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
google01103
Manager

Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:36 am
you have 2 ram slots with a max of 4gb see http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q= ... 1419,d.cWc

it is possible to not have akonadi run, search the forum there should be multiple threads on that

if your browser takes up 50%, what % is taken by KDE?

Have you tried not using widgets, virtual desktops and activities?

michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:06 pm
There are 2 slots and the bios will see 4G but not the OS. http://www.toshiba.eu/discontinued-prod ... -u400-10j/ it indicates a maximum expandability of 2G memory.

Midori is using some 450,000K and KDE + Plasma around 140,000K. 50% is the total OS + Midori footprint

I have two widgets (one to monitor system resources!)

It is acceptable with Midori but I do not get all the bells and whistles that are offered by Chromium. I can also use Chromium on it's own for browsing when I know I only want to browse.

But I guess what is bothering me, is the fact that Windows 7 ran much faster and on this machine, and I was preaching Linux small footprint and speed to windows users!

How could 7 be more efficient than Kubuntu?

Michel
google01103
Manager

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:14 pm
32bit or 64bit ? even a 32bit would see > 2gb but if that's a physical limitation of the bios or motherboard or something

maybe the problem is Chrome on Linux vs Windows? w/o a browser is it fast?

consider a different d.e. (LXQT or XFCE) and running KDE apps under it

Hans
Administrator
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:30 pm
The "performance" could depend on many, many things. I'm not familiar with your Toshiba Satellite, but I ran Plasma 4 on a Samsung NC10 netbook (2 GB RAM) and everything ran fine. I had compositing (desktop effects) and desktop search enabled, and had Firefox open along with other applications (old screenshot).

Some suggestions:
1. Remove your system monitor on your desktop. In my experience those things can take up some CPU when they redraw themselves every x ms.
2. Do you have the drivers for your graphic card installed?
3. I don't think the memory usage is the main reason for the "slowness" (unless you start putting things in swap). Is there anything that takes up a considerable amount of CPU?
4. Kubuntu has/used to have a package called kubuntu-low-fat-settings that allows you to disable various options to save resources, you can check if it's still available.

Finally, if all fails, you may consider a lighter DEs like LXDE/LXQt and XFCE, or just a window manager like Openbox.

Problem solved? Please click on "Accept this answer" below the post with the best answer to mark your topic as solved.

10 things you might want to do in KDE | Open menu with Super key | Mouse shortcuts
google01103
Manager

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:39 pm
also check i/o usage, you can use iostat or Ksysguard (by adding additional columns)

luebking

Sat Mar 28, 2015 3:59 pm
> I have two widgets (one to monitor system resources!)

Funny discussion.

1. Stop using plasmoid monitors for system load.
They make you look like a real pro (in the eyes of the unskilled), but actually just waste resources with providing no real information (well, ok: they may, if acting correctly, allow for temporal comparism ;-)

2. eg. "70% RAM" is meaningless. Period.
RAM is also used for the file cache and inactive memory (things that were used and may be used in the future).
The virtual memory concept in Linux (and any other modern OS) is *very* complex and any single number is a degenerated sight on it.

=> Figure how much memory is used for what, you'll find that information by "cat /proc/meminfo"
The lines you care most about are Active, Active(anon) and Active(file) (Active being the sum of the two latter)

3. If there's indeed high load in active memory, you should check what in particular consumes it. For a *rough* start call "top", press "Shift+M" and check the "RES" column.
If something is using exceptionally much RAM, it's time to look into that process and check where and for what it wastes it (might be leak, might be fragmentation, might be actual requirement)

4. Mapping "Memory" to "Speed" is nonsense. "Speed" is an indefinite term. And OSs do not "run" (where would they head for?) - neither fast nor slow. They abstract between applications and the Hardware.

If you feel "something" (what in particular?!) should act "faster" you need to check why! it's slow and if you're (as apparently) running chromium as a single task application (don't use any DE itfp?) the limiting factor will be most likely the GPU, ie. wrong or bad driver or a resource usage conflict between the OpenGL compositor (the compositing process in X11 is about as inefficient as it could be - that's because X11 is 30 years old) and the GL client (the browser) - or chromium has deactivated HW acceleration for considering your driver unreliable or whatnot.

=> 1st: specify "what" - we'll then look into "why". (In case the above assumptions hold, try to suspend the compositor - SHIFT+Alt+F12 - and check HW acceleration in "about:flags" <- type that into chromium)
michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:00 pm
I'm running 64 bit Kubuntu

I installed the Intel driver video driver and that made a lot of difference when I did. I used "The Intel Graphics Installer for Linux" and it worked well until a couple of kernel updates ago. Now it tells me "Distribution not supported"

lsusb gives the following results:

Bus 002 Device 004: ID 0bda:8197 Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187B Wireless Adapter
Bus 002 Device 003: ID 04f2:b008 Chicony Electronics Co., Ltd USB 2.0 Camera
Bus 002 Device 005: ID 03f0:5817 Hewlett-Packard LaserJet M1319f MFP
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 05e3:0608 Genesys Logic, Inc. USB-2.0 4-Port HUB
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 007 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 006 Device 002: ID 0930:0508 Toshiba Corp. Integrated Bluetooth HCI
Bus 006 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 005 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub
Bus 004 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0001 Linux Foundation 1.1 root hub

Low fat setting is not available anymore it seems.

michel@michel-Satellite-L650:~$ cat /proc/meminfo
MemTotal: 2040572 kB
MemFree: 263488 kB
Buffers: 40292 kB
Cached: 610832 kB
SwapCached: 124980 kB
Active: 815516 kB
Inactive: 795720 kB
Active(anon): 544348 kB
Inactive(anon): 543604 kB
Active(file): 271168 kB
Inactive(file): 252116 kB
Unevictable: 64 kB
Mlocked: 64 kB
SwapTotal: 2085884 kB
SwapFree: 1644656 kB
Dirty: 136 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
AnonPages: 888936 kB
Mapped: 180672 kB
Shmem: 127828 kB
Slab: 90252 kB
SReclaimable: 57880 kB
SUnreclaim: 32372 kB
KernelStack: 3512 kB
PageTables: 40596 kB
NFS_Unstable: 0 kB
Bounce: 0 kB
WritebackTmp: 0 kB
CommitLimit: 3106168 kB
Committed_AS: 3232704 kB
VmallocTotal: 34359738367 kB
VmallocUsed: 541220 kB
VmallocChunk: 34359189084 kB
HardwareCorrupted: 0 kB
AnonHugePages: 245760 kB
HugePages_Total: 0
HugePages_Free: 0
HugePages_Rsvd: 0
HugePages_Surp: 0
Hugepagesize: 2048 kB
DirectMap4k: 88896 kB
DirectMap2M: 1998848 kB

The total active with Midori , Skype and Synaptic is at 815,000 is that too high?

Midori is using around 21% of mem and the rest around 5%

michel@michel-Satellite-L650:~$ top
top - 19:53:48 up 1 day, 2:40, 2 users, load average: 0.17, 0.18, 0.21
Tasks: 179 total, 1 running, 177 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie
%Cpu(s): 4.3 us, 2.2 sy, 0.0 ni, 93.5 id, 0.0 wa, 0.0 hi, 0.0 si, 0.0 st
KiB Mem: 2040572 total, 1757832 used, 282740 free, 47372 buffers
KiB Swap: 2085884 total, 441144 used, 1644740 free. 630160 cached Mem

The "slow" issue is 1- unacceptable latency when the computer starts running so slow that I have to wait 15 to 20 seconds to move from one program to the other and when I do not know if my mouse clicks have registered or not. Screens take forever to redraw. 2- It is in comparison to how 7 used to run on the same machine with Chrome, outlook, Msaccess, word, excel and I tune running at the same time. It was not blasting away, but my wife was satisfied 3- How it compares to how the same distro was running on the Toshiba Satellite -L650 that I gave her.

My experience, until now, has always been that Linux woul always run faster than Windows on similar machines and will do more with the same resources ie allow for better latency, faster i/o and load more programs simultaneously.

What gives?

Michel
luebking

Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:53 pm
I used "The Intel Graphics Installer for Linux"

Please use the driver provided by your distribution.

Now it tells me "Distribution not supported"

If you're on the VESA driver (seems so?), you're in quite some trouble. It can make pixels colorful, but that's it.

lsusb gives the following results:...

That's irrelevant.
a) because usb would be FAR to slow for graphics operations (try "lspci") and
b) because this only polls vendor and product IDs and maps them to human readable names from a database.

=> Relevant data is the output of "glxinfo" and the contents of /var/log/Xorg.0.log - please either use paste.kde.org or post them in code tags (it's a lot of text)

Midori is using around 21% of mem and the rest around 5%

It's pretty much normal that browsers take a massive amount of RAM, so no surprise here.
Assuming a "fair share" on RAM usage (from your percentages), that means the rest of the system has ~150MB of active RAM usage, what sounds pretty much ok (wallpaper, icons, gradients, all that useless fancy stuff ;-)

unacceptable latency when the computer starts running so slow that I have to wait 15 to 20 seconds to move from one program to the other and when I do not know if my mouse clicks have registered or not. Screens take forever to redraw.

a) likely VESA driver, thus also no compositing (causing repaint demands in every exposed region by altering the order of the window stack. There's no backing store in the VESA driver and it's also disabled for most drivers by default nowerdays) nor any hardware acceleration in webkit.
b) possibly additional I/O load, eg. by Baloo indexing running wild. Install and check "iotop" (it requires root privilegues, run "sudo iotop" in konsole, xterm or VT1)

Linux would always run faster than Windows

You're comparing an OS to a kernel.
Linux has its advantages over the NTOS kernel, but the major overhead on windows are all the services it runs (and that dll copy-a-round...)
You can eg. easily make any "Linux" perform "horribly" by typing " :(){ :|:& };:" into bash. (DO NOT DO THAT! IT'S A FORK BOMB! - Seriously.)

The advantages come from selecting proper schedulers for your demands (where Ubuntu makes a questionable selection for desktop systems, see eg. https://blogs.kde.org/2014/10/15/ubuntu ... ystem-1404 - the deadline scheduler is for servers, really), low daemon count, a tremendous network stack and FS which are newer design and technically ahead of -pretty aged- NTFS (which was not bad at all when MS bought it from HP ;-) and such.
michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:44 pm
I am not running versa for sure and the performance with Midori is acceptable. My description of slow pertained to usage with Chromium. My beef now is that I would like the Midori situation but with Chromium or Chrome AND to be faster and more efficient than Windows!

00:00.0 Host bridge: Intel Corporation Mobile PM965/GM965/GL960 Memory Controller Hub (rev 03)
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (primary) (rev 03)
00:02.1 Display controller: Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller (secondary) (rev 03)
00:1a.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #4 (rev 03)
00:1a.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #5 (rev 03)
00:1a.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1b.0 Audio device: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller (rev 03)
00:1c.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 1 (rev 03)
00:1c.3 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 4 (rev 03)
00:1c.4 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 5 (rev 03)
00:1c.5 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) PCI Express Port 6 (rev 03)
00:1d.0 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1d.1 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #2 (rev 03)
00:1d.2 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB UHCI Controller #3 (rev 03)
00:1d.7 USB controller: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) USB2 EHCI Controller #1 (rev 03)
00:1e.0 PCI bridge: Intel Corporation 82801 Mobile PCI Bridge (rev f3)
00:1f.0 ISA bridge: Intel Corporation 82801HM (ICH8M) LPC Interface Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.1 IDE interface: Intel Corporation 82801HM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) IDE Controller (rev 03)
00:1f.2 SATA controller: Intel Corporation 82801HM/HEM (ICH8M/ICH8M-E) SATA Controller [AHCI mode] (rev 03)
00:1f.3 SMBus: Intel Corporation 82801H (ICH8 Family) SMBus Controller (rev 03)
07:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8040T PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 12)
0a:01.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): O2 Micro, Inc. Firewire (IEEE 1394) (rev 02)
0a:01.2 SD Host controller: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MMC/SD Controller (rev 02)
0a:01.3 Mass storage controller: O2 Micro, Inc. Integrated MS/xD Controller (rev 01)

Everything looks OK. Even the I/O drivers are in order.

Code: Select all
michel@michel-Satellite-L650:~$ glxinfo
name of display: :0
display: :0  screen: 0
direct rendering: Yes
server glx vendor string: SGI
server glx version string: 1.4
server glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_create_context, GLX_ARB_create_context_profile,
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_ARB_multisample,
    GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_EXT_import_context, GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap, GLX_EXT_visual_info,
    GLX_EXT_visual_rating, GLX_INTEL_swap_event, GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer,
    GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig,
    GLX_SGIX_pbuffer, GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_SGI_swap_control
client glx vendor string: Mesa Project and SGI
client glx version string: 1.4
client glx extensions:
    GLX_ARB_create_context_robustness, GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float,
    GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample,
    GLX_EXT_buffer_age, GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile,
    GLX_EXT_fbconfig_packed_float, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
    GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync
GLX version: 1.4
GLX extensions:
    GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float, GLX_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_ARB_get_proc_address, GLX_ARB_multisample,
    GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile, GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GLX_MESA_multithread_makecurrent, GLX_MESA_query_renderer,
    GLX_MESA_swap_control, GLX_OML_swap_method, GLX_OML_sync_control,
    GLX_SGIS_multisample, GLX_SGIX_fbconfig, GLX_SGIX_pbuffer,
    GLX_SGIX_visual_select_group, GLX_SGI_make_current_read,
    GLX_SGI_swap_control, GLX_SGI_video_sync
OpenGL vendor string: Intel Open Source Technology Center
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) 965GM
OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.0
OpenGL shading language version string: 1.20
OpenGL extensions:
    GL_3DFX_texture_compression_FXT1, GL_AMD_seamless_cubemap_per_texture,
    GL_AMD_shader_trinary_minmax, GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt3,
    GL_ANGLE_texture_compression_dxt5, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable,
    GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object,
    GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_ARB_buffer_storage,
    GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_ARB_clear_texture,
    GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage,
    GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_ARB_debug_output,
    GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_depth_texture,
    GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex,
    GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location,
    GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions,
    GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow,
    GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object,
    GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_get_program_binary,
    GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex,
    GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_ARB_internalformat_query,
    GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment,
    GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_multi_bind, GL_ARB_multisample,
    GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2,
    GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_ARB_point_sprite,
    GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_sampler_objects,
    GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_seamless_cubemap_per_texture,
    GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding,
    GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod,
    GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_ARB_sync,
    GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_compression,
    GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map,
    GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine,
    GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3,
    GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_mirror_clamp_to_edge,
    GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two,
    GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui,
    GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix,
    GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object,
    GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object,
    GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_ARB_vertex_shader,
    GL_ARB_vertex_type_10f_11f_11f_rev, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev,
    GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ATI_blend_equation_separate, GL_ATI_draw_buffers,
    GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3,
    GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_EXT_blend_color,
    GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate,
    GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array,
    GL_EXT_copy_texture, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_EXT_draw_instanced,
    GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit,
    GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB,
    GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays,
    GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_EXT_packed_pixels,
    GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_point_parameters,
    GL_EXT_polygon_offset, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_rescale_normal,
    GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color,
    GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap,
    GL_EXT_subtexture, GL_EXT_texture, GL_EXT_texture3D,
    GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1,
    GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc,
    GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp,
    GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine,
    GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic,
    GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_object,
    GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode,
    GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_snorm,
    GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra,
    GL_IBM_multimode_draw_arrays, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip,
    GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_INGR_blend_func_separate, GL_KHR_debug,
    GL_MESA_pack_invert, GL_MESA_texture_signed_rgba, GL_MESA_window_pos,
    GL_NV_blend_square, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_NV_depth_clamp,
    GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil,
    GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_NV_texgen_reflection,
    GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_OES_EGL_image,
    GL_OES_read_format, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap,
    GL_SGIS_texture_border_clamp, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp,
    GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_SUN_multi_draw_arrays

12 GLX Visuals
    visual  x   bf lv rg d st  colorbuffer  sr ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
  id dep cl sp  sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a F gb bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x020 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x021 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x075 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x076 24 tc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x077 24 tc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x078 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x079 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x07a 24 dc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x07b 24 dc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x07c 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x07d 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x05c 32 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None

24 GLXFBConfigs:
    visual  x   bf lv rg d st  colorbuffer  sr ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
  id dep cl sp  sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a F gb bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
0x05d  0 tc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x05e  0 tc  0  16  0 r  . .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x05f  0 tc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x060  0 tc  0  16  0 r  . .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x061 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x062 24 tc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x063 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x064 24 tc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x065  0 tc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x066  0 tc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x067 32 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x068 24 tc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow
0x069  0 dc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06a  0 dc  0  16  0 r  . .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06b  0 dc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06c  0 dc  0  16  0 r  . .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06d 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06e 24 dc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x06f 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x070 24 dc  0  32  0 r  . .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x071  0 dc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x072  0 dc  0  16  0 r  y .   5  6  5  0 .  .  0 16  0 16 16 16  0  0 0 Slow
0x073 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
0x074 24 dc  0  32  0 r  y .   8  8  8  8 .  .  0 24  8 16 16 16 16  0 0 Slow

iotop shows kworker, init , kthreadd and ksoftirqd generating traffic

Code: Select all
[    25.520]
X.Org X Server 1.15.1
Release Date: 2014-04-13
[    25.520] X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
[    25.520] Build Operating System: Linux 3.2.0-76-generic x86_64 Ubuntu
[    25.520] Current Operating System: Linux michel-Satellite-L650 3.13.0-48-generic #80-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 12 11:16:15 UTC 2015 x86_64
[    25.520] Kernel command line: BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-48-generic root=UUID=0a68765c-7dc3-4233-a988-f0a8565b78c0 ro quiet splash vt.handoff=7
[    25.520] Build Date: 12 February 2015  02:49:29PM
[    25.520] xorg-server 2:1.15.1-0ubuntu2.7 (For technical support please see http://www.ubuntu.com/support)
[    25.520] Current version of pixman: 0.30.2
[    25.520]    Before reporting problems, check http://wiki.x.org
   to make sure that you have the latest version.
[    25.520] Markers: (--) probed, (**) from config file, (==) default setting,
   (++) from command line, (!!) notice, (II) informational,
   (WW) warning, (EE) error, (NI) not implemented, (??) unknown.
[    25.521] (==) Log file: "/var/log/Xorg.0.log", Time: Fri Mar 27 17:13:59 2015
[    25.567] (==) Using system config directory "/usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d"
[    25.568] (==) No Layout section.  Using the first Screen section.
[    25.568] (==) No screen section available. Using defaults.
[    25.568] (**) |-->Screen "Default Screen Section" (0)
[    25.568] (**) |   |-->Monitor "<default monitor>"
[    25.568] (==) No monitor specified for screen "Default Screen Section".
   Using a default monitor configuration.
[    25.568] (==) Automatically adding devices
[    25.568] (==) Automatically enabling devices
[    25.568] (==) Automatically adding GPU devices
[    25.568] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/cyrillic" does not exist.
[    25.568]    Entry deleted from font path.
[    25.568] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/" does not exist.
[    25.568] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/" does not exist.
[    25.568] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi" does not exist.
[    25.568] (WW) The directory "/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi" does not exist.
[    25.568] (==) FontPath set to:
   /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,
   /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,
   built-ins
[    25.568] (==) ModulePath set to "/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/extra-modules,/usr/lib/xorg/modules"
[    25.568] (II) The server relies on udev to provide the list of input devices.
   If no devices become available, reconfigure udev or disable AutoAddDevices.
[    25.568] (II) Loader magic: 0x7fc2a15d1d40
[    25.568] (II) Module ABI versions:
[    25.568]    X.Org ANSI C Emulation: 0.4
[    25.568]    X.Org Video Driver: 15.0
[    25.568]    X.Org XInput driver : 20.0
[    25.568]    X.Org Server Extension : 8.0
[    25.569] (II) xfree86: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    25.571] (--) PCI:*(0:0:2:0) 8086:2a02:1179:ff50 rev 3, Mem @ 0xf0000000/1048576, 0xd0000000/268435456, I/O @ 0x00001800/8
[    25.571] (--) PCI: (0:0:2:1) 8086:2a03:1179:ff50 rev 3, Mem @ 0xf0100000/1048576
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension Generic Event Extension
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension SHAPE
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SHM
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XInputExtension
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XTEST
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension BIG-REQUESTS
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension SYNC
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XKEYBOARD
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XC-MISC
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension SECURITY
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XINERAMA
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension XFIXES
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension RENDER
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension RANDR
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension COMPOSITE
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension DAMAGE
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension MIT-SCREEN-SAVER
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension DOUBLE-BUFFER
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension RECORD
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension DPMS
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension Present
[    25.571] Initializing built-in extension DRI3
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension X-Resource
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension XVideo
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension XVideo-MotionCompensation
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension SELinux
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-VidModeExtension
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DGA
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension XFree86-DRI
[    25.572] Initializing built-in extension DRI2
[    25.572] (II) LoadModule: "glx"
[    25.609] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions/libglx.so
[    25.912] (II) Module glx: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.912]    compiled for 1.15.1, module version = 1.0.0
[    25.912]    ABI class: X.Org Server Extension, version 8.0
[    25.912] (==) AIGLX enabled
[    25.912] Loading extension GLX
[    25.912] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 0
[    25.912] (==) Matched intel as autoconfigured driver 1
[    25.912] (==) Matched modesetting as autoconfigured driver 2
[    25.912] (==) Matched fbdev as autoconfigured driver 3
[    25.912] (==) Matched vesa as autoconfigured driver 4
[    25.912] (==) Assigned the driver to the xf86ConfigLayout
[    25.912] (II) LoadModule: "intel"
[    25.939] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/intel_drv.so
[    25.966] (II) Module intel: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.966]    compiled for 1.15.1, module version = 2.99.911
[    25.966]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    25.966]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 15.0
[    25.966] (II) LoadModule: "modesetting"
[    25.967] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/modesetting_drv.so
[    25.967] (II) Module modesetting: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.967]    compiled for 1.15.0, module version = 0.8.1
[    25.967]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    25.967]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 15.0
[    25.967] (II) LoadModule: "fbdev"
[    25.967] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/fbdev_drv.so
[    25.967] (II) Module fbdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.967]    compiled for 1.15.0, module version = 0.4.4
[    25.967]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    25.967]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 15.0
[    25.967] (II) LoadModule: "vesa"
[    25.968] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers/vesa_drv.so
[    25.968] (II) Module vesa: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.968]    compiled for 1.15.0, module version = 2.3.3
[    25.968]    Module class: X.Org Video Driver
[    25.968]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 15.0
[    25.968] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Integrated Graphics Chipsets:
   i810, i810-dc100, i810e, i815, i830M, 845G, 854, 852GM/855GM, 865G,
   915G, E7221 (i915), 915GM, 945G, 945GM, 945GME, Pineview GM,
   Pineview G, 965G, G35, 965Q, 946GZ, 965GM, 965GME/GLE, G33, Q35, Q33,
   GM45, 4 Series, G45/G43, Q45/Q43, G41, B43
[    25.968] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) HD Graphics: 2000-5000
[    25.969] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics: 5100
[    25.969] (II) intel: Driver for Intel(R) Iris(TM) Pro Graphics: 5200
[    25.969] (II) modesetting: Driver for Modesetting Kernel Drivers: kms
[    25.969] (II) FBDEV: driver for framebuffer: fbdev
[    25.969] (II) VESA: driver for VESA chipsets: vesa
[    25.969] (++) using VT number 7

[    25.969] (II) intel(0): SNA compiled: xserver-xorg-video-intel 2:2.99.911-0intel1 (Andrew Lee (李健秋) <andrew.lee@collabora.co.uk>)
[    25.969] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for modesetting
[    25.969] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for fbdev
[    25.969] (II) Loading sub module "fbdevhw"
[    25.969] (II) LoadModule: "fbdevhw"
[    25.969] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/libfbdevhw.so
[    25.970] (II) Module fbdevhw: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    25.970]    compiled for 1.15.1, module version = 0.0.2
[    25.970]    ABI class: X.Org Video Driver, version 15.0
[    25.970] (WW) Falling back to old probe method for vesa
[    25.970] (--) intel(0): Integrated Graphics Chipset: Intel(R) 965GM
[    25.970] (--) intel(0): CPU: x86-64, sse2, sse3, ssse3
[    25.971] (II) intel(0): Creating default Display subsection in Screen section
   "Default Screen Section" for depth/fbbpp 24/32
[    25.971] (==) intel(0): Depth 24, (--) framebuffer bpp 32
[    25.971] (==) intel(0): RGB weight 888
[    25.971] (==) intel(0): Default visual is TrueColor
[    25.971] (**) intel(0): Framebuffer tiled
[    25.971] (**) intel(0): Pixmaps tiled
[    25.971] (**) intel(0): "Tear free" disabled
[    25.971] (**) intel(0): Forcing per-crtc-pixmaps? no
[    25.971] (II) intel(0): Output LVDS1 has no monitor section
[    25.972] (--) intel(0): Found backlight control interface acpi_video0 (type 'firmware') for output LVDS1
[    25.972] (II) intel(0): Output VGA1 has no monitor section
[    25.972] (II) intel(0): Output HDMI1 has no monitor section
[    25.972] (II) intel(0): Output VIRTUAL1 has no monitor section
[    25.972] (--) intel(0): Output LVDS1 using initial mode 1280x800 on pipe 0
[    25.972] (==) intel(0): DPI set to (96, 96)
[    25.972] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
[    25.972] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
[    25.972] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
[    25.973] (II) UnloadModule: "modesetting"
[    25.973] (II) Unloading modesetting
[    25.973] (II) UnloadModule: "fbdev"
[    25.973] (II) Unloading fbdev
[    25.973] (II) UnloadSubModule: "fbdevhw"
[    25.973] (II) Unloading fbdevhw
[    25.973] (II) UnloadModule: "vesa"
[    25.973] (II) Unloading vesa
[    25.973] (==) Depth 24 pixmap format is 32 bpp
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): SNA initialized with Broadwater (gen4) backend
[    25.974] (==) intel(0): Backing store enabled
[    25.974] (==) intel(0): Silken mouse enabled
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): HW Cursor enabled
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): RandR 1.2 enabled, ignore the following RandR disabled message.
[    25.974] (==) intel(0): DPMS enabled
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): [XvMC] i965_xvmc driver initialized.
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): [DRI2]   DRI driver: i965
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): [DRI2]   VDPAU driver: i965
[    25.974] (II) intel(0): direct rendering: DRI2 Enabled
[    25.974] (==) intel(0): hotplug detection: "enabled"
[    25.974] (--) RandR disabled
[    25.986] (II) SELinux: Disabled on system
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_MESA_copy_sub_buffer
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_create_context
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_create_context_profile
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_EXT_create_context_es2_profile
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_INTEL_swap_event
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_SGI_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: enabled GLX_ARB_fbconfig_float
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap backed by buffer objects
[    26.025] (II) AIGLX: Loaded and initialized i965
[    26.025] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
[    26.033] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[    26.056] (II) intel(0): Setting screen physical size to 338 x 211
[    26.069] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-B20D7FC79C7F597315E3E501AEF10E0D866E8E92.xkm
[    26.074] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event2)
[    26.074] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.074] (II) LoadModule: "evdev"
[    26.075] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/evdev_drv.so
[    26.085] (II) Module evdev: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    26.085]    compiled for 1.15.0, module version = 2.8.2
[    26.085]    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    26.085]    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 20.0
[    26.085] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    26.085] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    26.085] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event2"
[    26.085] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    26.085] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    26.085] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.085] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input2/event2"
[    26.085] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 6)
[    26.085] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.085] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.085] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.086] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Video Bus (/dev/input/event5)
[    26.086] (**) Video Bus: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.086] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Video Bus'
[    26.086] (**) Video Bus: always reports core events
[    26.086] (**) evdev: Video Bus: Device: "/dev/input/event5"
[    26.086] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Vendor 0 Product 0x6
[    26.086] (--) evdev: Video Bus: Found keys
[    26.086] (II) evdev: Video Bus: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.086] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0A08:00/LNXVIDEO:00/input/input12/event5"
[    26.087] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Video Bus" (type: KEYBOARD, id 7)
[    26.087] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.087] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.087] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.087] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Power Button (/dev/input/event1)
[    26.087] (**) Power Button: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.087] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Power Button'
[    26.087] (**) Power Button: always reports core events
[    26.087] (**) evdev: Power Button: Device: "/dev/input/event1"
[    26.087] (--) evdev: Power Button: Vendor 0 Product 0x1
[    26.087] (--) evdev: Power Button: Found keys
[    26.087] (II) evdev: Power Button: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.088] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/device:00/PNP0C0C:00/input/input1/event1"
[    26.088] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Power Button" (type: KEYBOARD, id 8)
[    26.088] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.088] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.088] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.088] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Lid Switch (/dev/input/event0)
[    26.088] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    26.088] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    26.089] (II) config/udev: Adding drm device (/dev/dri/card0) card0 /sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:02.0/drm/card0
[    26.089] (II) config/udev: Ignoring already known drm device (/dev/dri/card0)
[    26.089] (II) config/udev: Adding input device HDA Intel HDMI/DP,pcm=3 (/dev/input/event7)
[    26.089] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    26.089] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    26.090] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Chicony USB 2.0 Camera (/dev/input/event8)
[    26.090] (**) Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.090] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Chicony USB 2.0 Camera'
[    26.090] (**) Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: always reports core events
[    26.090] (**) evdev: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: Device: "/dev/input/event8"
[    26.090] (--) evdev: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: Vendor 0x4f2 Product 0xb008
[    26.090] (--) evdev: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: Found keys
[    26.090] (II) evdev: Chicony USB 2.0 Camera: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.090] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.7/usb2/2-4/2-4:1.0/input/input15/event8"
[    26.090] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Chicony USB 2.0 Camera" (type: KEYBOARD, id 9)
[    26.090] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.090] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.090] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.091] (II) config/udev: Adding input device AT Translated Set 2 keyboard (/dev/input/event3)
[    26.091] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.091] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'AT Translated Set 2 keyboard'
[    26.091] (**) AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: always reports core events
[    26.091] (**) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Device: "/dev/input/event3"
[    26.091] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Vendor 0x1 Product 0x1
[    26.091] (--) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Found keys
[    26.091] (II) evdev: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.091] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio0/input/input3/event3"
[    26.091] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard" (type: KEYBOARD, id 10)
[    26.091] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.091] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.091] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    26.092] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/event4)
[    26.092] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Applying InputClass "evdev touchpad catchall"
[    26.092] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Applying InputClass "touchpad catchall"
[    26.092] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Applying InputClass "Default clickpad buttons"
[    26.092] (II) LoadModule: "synaptics"
[    26.092] (II) Loading /usr/lib/xorg/modules/input/synaptics_drv.so
[    26.092] (II) Module synaptics: vendor="X.Org Foundation"
[    26.092]    compiled for 1.15.0, module version = 1.7.4
[    26.093]    Module class: X.Org XInput Driver
[    26.093]    ABI class: X.Org XInput driver, version 20.0
[    26.093] (II) Using input driver 'synaptics' for 'SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad'
[    26.093] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: always reports core events
[    26.093] (**) Option "Device" "/dev/input/event4"
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: x-axis range 1472 - 5510 (res 74)
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: y-axis range 1408 - 4672 (res 116)
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: pressure range 0 - 255
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: finger width range 0 - 15
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: buttons: left right
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Vendor 0x2 Product 0x7
[    26.116] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found
[    26.116] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: always reports core events
[    26.132] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/platform/i8042/serio4/input/input11/event4"
[    26.132] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" (type: TOUCHPAD, id 11)
[    26.132] (**) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) MinSpeed is now constant deceleration 2.5
[    26.132] (**) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) MaxSpeed is now 1.75
[    26.132] (**) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) AccelFactor is now 0.039
[    26.132] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    26.132] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) acceleration profile 1
[    26.132] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    26.132] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    26.132] (--) synaptics: SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: touchpad found
[    26.133] (II) config/udev: Adding input device SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad (/dev/input/mouse0)
[    26.133] (**) SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad: Ignoring device from InputClass "touchpad ignore duplicates"
[    26.135] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Toshiba input device (/dev/input/event6)
[    26.135] (**) Toshiba input device: Applying InputClass "evdev keyboard catchall"
[    26.135] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Toshiba input device'
[    26.136] (**) Toshiba input device: always reports core events
[    26.136] (**) evdev: Toshiba input device: Device: "/dev/input/event6"
[    26.136] (--) evdev: Toshiba input device: Vendor 0 Product 0
[    26.136] (--) evdev: Toshiba input device: Found keys
[    26.136] (II) evdev: Toshiba input device: Configuring as keyboard
[    26.136] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/virtual/input/input13/event6"
[    26.136] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Toshiba input device" (type: KEYBOARD, id 12)
[    26.136] (**) Option "xkb_rules" "evdev"
[    26.136] (**) Option "xkb_model" "pc105"
[    26.136] (**) Option "xkb_layout" "us"
[    48.350] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[    48.350] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[    48.350] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[    48.350] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[    48.350] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[    48.350] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[    48.350] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[    48.350] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[    48.350] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[    48.350] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[    48.350] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[    48.350] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[    48.350] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input16/event9"
[    48.350] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[    48.350] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[    48.350] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[    48.351] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[    48.351] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[    48.351] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[    61.630] (II) intel(0): EDID vendor "APP", prod id 40030
[    61.630] (II) intel(0): Printing DDC gathered Modelines:
[    61.630] (II) intel(0): Modeline "1280x800"x0.0   71.00  1280 1328 1360 1440  800 803 809 823 -hsync -vsync (49.3 kHz eP)
[    63.273] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[  2783.865] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[  2783.880] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[  2783.881] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[ 57534.962] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[ 57534.962] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[ 57534.962] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[ 57534.967] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[ 57534.967] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[ 57534.967] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[ 57534.967] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[ 57534.967] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[ 57534.967] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[ 57534.967] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[ 57534.967] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[ 57534.967] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[ 57534.967] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[ 57534.967] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[ 57534.967] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[ 57534.967] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[ 57534.967] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[ 57534.967] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input17/event9"
[ 57534.967] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[ 57534.967] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[ 57534.968] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[ 57534.968] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[ 57534.968] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[ 57534.968] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[ 57535.188] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[ 57539.520] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[ 59465.757] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[ 59465.780] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[ 59465.780] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[ 60475.435] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[ 70173.443] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[ 70173.443] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[ 70173.444] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[ 70173.444] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[ 70173.444] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[ 70173.460] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[ 70173.460] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[ 70173.460] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[ 70173.460] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[ 70173.460] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[ 70173.460] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[ 70173.460] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[ 70173.460] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[ 70173.460] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[ 70173.460] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input18/event9"
[ 70173.460] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[ 70173.460] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[ 70173.461] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[ 70173.461] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[ 70173.461] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[ 70173.461] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[ 70173.461] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[ 70173.461] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[ 70173.461] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[ 70173.465] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[ 70173.627] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[ 71405.206] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[ 71405.223] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[ 71405.224] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[ 79080.383] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[ 79080.383] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[ 79080.383] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[ 79080.383] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[ 79080.383] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[ 79080.383] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[ 79080.383] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[ 79080.383] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[ 79080.383] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[ 79080.383] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[ 79080.383] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[ 79080.383] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[ 79080.383] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[ 79080.383] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[ 79080.383] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input19/event9"
[ 79080.383] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[ 79080.383] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[ 79080.384] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[ 79080.384] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[ 79080.384] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[ 79080.384] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[ 79080.385] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[ 79080.385] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[ 79080.385] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[ 79080.420] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[ 79082.126] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[ 88844.662] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[ 88844.800] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[ 88844.821] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[ 93967.980] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[ 93967.980] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[ 93967.980] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[ 93967.980] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[ 93967.980] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[ 93967.981] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[ 93967.981] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[ 93967.981] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[ 93967.981] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[ 93967.981] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[ 93967.981] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[ 93967.981] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[ 93967.981] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[ 93967.981] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[ 93967.981] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[ 93967.981] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[ 93967.981] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[ 93967.984] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input20/event9"
[ 93967.984] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[ 93967.985] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[ 93967.985] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[ 93967.985] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[ 93967.985] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[ 93967.985] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[ 93968.563] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[ 93974.976] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[ 97833.781] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[ 97833.806] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[ 97833.807] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[108667.785] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[108689.345] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[108689.345] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[108689.345] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[108689.345] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[108689.345] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[108689.345] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[108689.345] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[108689.345] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[108689.345] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[108689.345] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[108689.345] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[108689.345] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[108689.345] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[108689.346] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[108689.346] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input21/event9"
[108689.346] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[108689.346] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[108689.346] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[108689.346] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[108689.346] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[108689.346] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[108689.355] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[108689.355] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[108689.355] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[108689.421] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm
[110381.091] (II) config/udev: removing device Bluetooth Optical Mouse
[110381.113] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Close
[110381.113] (II) UnloadModule: "evdev"
[112355.161] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/mouse1)
[112355.161] (II) No input driver specified, ignoring this device.
[112355.161] (II) This device may have been added with another device file.
[112355.162] (II) config/udev: Adding input device Bluetooth Optical Mouse (/dev/input/event9)
[112355.163] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Applying InputClass "evdev pointer catchall"
[112355.163] (II) Using input driver 'evdev' for 'Bluetooth Optical Mouse'
[112355.163] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: always reports core events
[112355.163] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Device: "/dev/input/event9"
[112355.180] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Vendor 0x1131 Product 0x3501
[112355.180] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found 9 mouse buttons
[112355.180] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found scroll wheel(s)
[112355.180] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found relative axes
[112355.180] (--) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Found x and y relative axes
[112355.180] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Configuring as mouse
[112355.180] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: Adding scrollwheel support
[112355.180] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: YAxisMapping: buttons 4 and 5
[112355.180] (**) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: EmulateWheelButton: 4, EmulateWheelInertia: 10, EmulateWheelTimeout: 200
[112355.180] (**) Option "config_info" "udev:/sys/devices/pci0000:00/0000:00:1d.1/usb6/6-1/6-1:1.0/bluetooth/hci0/hci0:42/input22/event9"
[112355.180] (II) XINPUT: Adding extended input device "Bluetooth Optical Mouse" (type: MOUSE, id 13)
[112355.180] (II) evdev: Bluetooth Optical Mouse: initialized for relative axes.
[112355.181] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) keeping acceleration scheme 1
[112355.181] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration profile 0
[112355.181] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration factor: 2.000
[112355.181] (**) Bluetooth Optical Mouse: (accel) acceleration threshold: 4
[112355.182] (II) intel(0): switch to mode 1280x800@59.9 on LVDS1 using pipe 0, position (0, 0), rotation normal, reflection none
[112355.345] (II) XKB: reuse xkmfile /var/lib/xkb/server-52E170905BD2E22ED6542B09C00E37F4D6BBE97F.xkm

So what is the most "efficient" KDE distro in your opinion?

Michel
luebking

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:50 am
Even the I/O drivers are in order.

Again: the outputs of lsusb and lspci tell you what hardware is present by polling vendor and product IDs and translate the from a database. They provide NO information about the used drivers (but that's irrelevant in this case)

So what is the most "efficient" KDE distro in your opinion?

No distro hopping please, you can adjust the scheduler even at runtime, if you want.

Back on topic:
Apparently there's no unnatural I/O (the processes usually top during idle and you did not mention relative or absolute IO loads) and you're operating on the intel driver and working GL.

=> You're apparent problem does not seem to be KDE or anything but Chromium ("and Chromium alone")?
a) you're likely on the wrong forum then (since this would be a chromium issue rather than a linux, let alone KDE, issue)
b) you can enter "about:flags" in chromium and adjust settings, notably dis/enable hardware acceleration.

You should check CPU, RAM and I/O load while chromium is running, of course.
Inspecting a "sane" system state tells you nothing about a problematic system state.
Given chromium is "who", you need to figure *what* bottleneck chromium is causing and then *why* and finally *how* to fix that.
This may be just a bug in the particular chromium version.

In general, you cannot expect an OS or kernel to make a slow application go faster. (Let alone other processes (eg. "KDE", being plasma etc.))
Slow code is just slow.
michelmassoud
Registered Member
OS

Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:56 am
Thanks for all the insight and I am quite happy with Kubuntu provided I get acceptable performance from it so how do you
No distro hopping please, you can adjust the scheduler even at runtime, if you want.

I will look into Chromium on the Chromium forum.

Michel
luebking

Re: Make KDE lighter  Topic is solved

Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:32 pm
See eg. http://www.linuxhowtos.org/System/iosched.htm
It's per-disk and will not survive reboots ("runtime", ye know ;-)

cfq is usually a good choice for desktop systems (and the kernel default in this context)
ionicing comes very handy with any kind of background task (eg. I aliased "make" to be ionice)