This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Konsole icon on Breeze is (a bit) confusing with Breeze Dark

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
hortega
Registered Member
Hello KDE fellows,

I love Breeze icon theme, but there are few details which, in my opinion, are a bit confusing.

One of them is the Konsole icon. I think the ">" symbol is not representative of a linux/unix common shell, but that's not my main concern but the icon colors: with dark theme is easy to lose the icon, because the icon background color matches with the default bg color of Brezee Dark Theme.

I'm not a designer of course, but after 3 months of using KDE + Plasma 5.x with Breeze icon theme, this Konsole icon didn't become easy to associate such as the rest of icons. Maybe a thin frame around the icon, or something which helps with contrast (darker color?). Also the classic "$" symbol would be nice :D

To the designer group thanks for the great job,

Hugo
molecule-eye
Registered Member
OS
Nobody's responded? This is a very odd oversight for a theme that is this mature. It's a problem with using monochrome icons at smaller sizes. I thought KDE uses svg icons, in which case, the task managers could simply (have an option to) scale down the large, colorful icons to the appropriate size. And apps like Dolphin could continue using the monochrome small icons in e.g.Places. This really needs to be sorted already, especially since Breeze is the default icon theme and the breeze dark plasma theme installed and available by default.
luebking