This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Strange (GTK) look of Konsole, Kmix & Gwenview

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
rsupremo
Registered Member
OS
My experience with KDE is only with openSUSE. Lately I have decided to install Arch Linux. I installed kdebase-workspace package group and couple of apps.

RIght from the start I noticed strange look & fell of some apps which I assume are GTK based (GIMP for example) but also Konsole, which I thought was pure KDE app, looked strange. I also didn't see option for setting GTK look in SystemSettings - > Application Appearance so I thought something which is needed is missing and I installed several packages:

archangel% sudo pacman -Q | grep gtk
gtk-qt-engine 1.1-3
gtk-update-icon-cache 2.24.27-1
gtk2 2.24.27-1
gtk2-perl 1.2492-1
gtkimageview 1.6.4-4
gtkmm 2.24.4-1
kde-gtk-config 5.3.0-1
oxygen-gtk2 1.4.6-1
perl-gtk2-imageview 0.05-4
perl-gtk2-unique 0.05-10
pygtk 2.24.0-5

After playing a little bit with settings, GIMP looks to be consistent with KDE but this cannot be said about Konsole and Gwenview.
I am including the screenshots.

Gwenview looks similar. It really reminds me GTK or some other default widget look & feel.

What can I do about this?
Why does Konsole behave in this way? What does it have to do with GTK? Shoudn't it be pure Qr/KDE app like Krusader?

EDIT: I have noticed the same problem with KMix as well.

EDIT 2: I have noticed in About sction of Gwenview, Konsole and Kmix that they use KDE Frameworks version 5.9.0. Does this mean they have the new Plasma 5 look? What can I do to have them have old KDE 4 look?

openSUSE 13.2, KDE 4.14.2
Arch Linux, KDE 4.14.7
luebking
sudo pacman -Sy oxygen
(oxygen is now oxygen-kde4)

in case the style is not picked,
~/.kde4/env/qt5-style.sh
Code: Select all
#!/bin/sh
export QT_STYLE_OVERRIDE=Oxygen

don't forget to
chmod +x ~/.kde4/env/qt5-style.sh