This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Dual monitors working, but with a few bugs

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kylek
Registered Member
Hello,

I'm not really sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here it goes. I got my dual monitor setup working, but there are a few things that are not working properly.

Goal: Use my Acer 1920x1080 monitor as my primary display. It is connected to my laptop with a VGA cable.

1) I'm able to use my Acer monitor as the primary display, but I had to select Laptop Screen as the Primary display in the Display Configuration - System Settings window. This obviously doesn't make sense.

2) Fully maximized windows on my primary display OR laptop display will "bleed over" to other screen. For some reason, the screen capture isn't showing what I'm trying to explain, but this image shows that the Application Launcher on the Laptop Screen is overlapping with the Primary Display. http://i.imgur.com/03QLgnc.png

Does anyone know if other people are also experiencing these issues?
luebking
For the second item, the screens simply seem to overlap, so drag it a little to the right in the gui config or use xrandr to configure your screens (latter is what I do, I find that far simpler than dragging around pixmaps ;-)