This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

kcm-gtk-config is not working on Plasma5

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Wenzel
Registered Member
OS
Hi ! :)

I recently reinstalled my OS to give Plasma5 a try. (Fedora 22, KDE 5.3.1)

I have a single, but quite annoying issue for the moment : I can't configure the theme for my GTK apps.
I'm using Firefox and Thunderbird, so I would like to be able to set a nice theme for these apps !

I tried to select different themes, icon sets and fonts with kcm-gtk-config,
tried to login/logout, to reboot, but the kcm is just not working.

=> Does anyone have experienced the same issues ?
=> Is there a fix available ?

Thanks !
luebking
fedora moved mozilla to gtk3, so likely everything works, but doesn't apply to those applications (or something)

Also gtk3 styling is now severeley limited - you have the choice between the gtk3 style engine and the gtk3 style engine => no native breeze, oxygen or QtCurve (if you configure that, you'll get some failsafe/black window)

GTK3 configuration is in ~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini so you can check whether it updates (and to what)
Wenzel
Registered Member
OS
Hi luebking !

thanks for your answer.

Also gtk3 styling is now severeley limited - you have the choice between the gtk3 style engine and the gtk3 style engine => no native breeze, oxygen or QtCurve (if you configure that, you'll get some failsafe/black window)

But there is an option in kcm-gtk-config, where you can set a GTK3 theme for apps using GTK3.
Why is this not working ?
Does it mean that this option has never worked for GTK3 apps ?

I will take a look at
Code: Select all
~/.config/gtk-3.0/settings.ini
luebking
It works (here) but not if you select "kde" or sth. that is not a theme for the gtk style engine (eg. try Adwaita) since gtk3 dropped support for external engines.