This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

What colors are assigned to what elements?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
vayu
Registered Member
OS
I have the hardest time understanding what colors in systemsettings affect what UI elements. Is there a chart or picture diagram somewhere that outlines what colors in systemsettings affect what UI elements on the desktop?

I have several specific concerns with my current theme. I'm having a problem with the button in focus on the in focus window, and the same button when I mouseover it. Attached are two screenshots.

The other issue I'm having is I want to reverse the colors of the tabs that are not selected from the one that is selected. I've spent so much time getting the theme almost the way I want it. When I change things, I keep breaking other things that took a long time to get set right.

This is a button in focus in the window with focus

This is a button in focus in the window with focus with the mouse over it.

I'd like to get more contrast between the text and the background, either/or lighten the text or darken the background.

Also if you look at the tabs at the top "Scheme, Options, Colored, Disabled". Scheme is the selected tab and it's darker and the unselected tabs are lighter, I'd like to reverse that. I'm afraid of breaking everything I've set so far. I've done trial and error for hours, I'd like to be operating from knowledge instead.

Also, any idea what color setting changes the single pixel line between the title bar and the window?