This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Wrong Breeze Dark folder icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Wrong Breeze Dark folder icons

Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:35 am
Hi,

since the last KDE update i see the Oxygen folder icons when i choose the "Breeze Dark" Icon theme. Everything works fine with the normal Breeze theme tho.

I tried to delete the cache files in /var/tmp and .cache and also reinstalled the breeze theme without any changes.

I then tried to remove the oxygen icon theme the hard way to see what happens. After renaming "/usr/share/icons/oxygen" the folder icons in dolphin are completely gone. This tells me it's at least no caching problem? The really strange thing is that when i switch to the Oxygen icon theme, the Oxygen icons are still visible, even the whole folder is moved. How is that possible?

Anyway, i hit a dead end here, would love to get some advice.

System specs:
Archlinux 64bit:
Dolphin: 15.08.1
nvidia: 340.93

Regards,
Andy
luebking

Re: Wrong Breeze Dark folder icons

Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:52 pm
Did you check whether the theme has a folder icon in an icon path (defined by the themerc!) at all?
Doesn't have here (/usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/places has only toolbar and small variants)

My /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/ indicates it inherits the bright breeze theme, but if that isn't installed, KDE will likely fall back to oxygen.
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:29 pm
luebking wrote:Did you check whether the theme has a folder icon in an icon path (defined by the themerc!) at all?
Doesn't have here (/usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/places has only toolbar and small variants)

Looks good to me i guess? Not sure if that's the correct folder icon.
~ $ ll /usr/share/icons/breeze/places/64/folder.svg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6.6K 1. Okt 11:33 /usr/share/icons/breeze/places/64/folder.svg
~ $ ll /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/places/64/folder.svg
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 6.6K 1. Okt 11:33 /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/places/64/folder.svg

As i said, the light theme works, it is installed, that's why i am so confused. The two themes look pretty much the same to me, only the dark one does not work.
luebking wrote:My /usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/ indicates it inherits the bright breeze theme, but if that isn't installed, KDE will likely fall back to oxygen.

To me this looks like some kind of misconfiguration. The themes are installed correctly i guess.

What do you think?
luebking

Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:30 pm
Next to the sheer existence of the file, it's important that "places/64" is found in the dark themes themerc.
And it's important that it inherits the "breeze" theme (also in the themerc)

Since it's apparently no caching problem, I assume the issue to be in the themerc - also maybe the dark icon svg is invalid (-> inheritence)
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:18 am
Hi ,
where can i find this themerc file? even if i cannot imagine why it would wrong it cannot hurt to check it.
I talked to someone else who uses this icon theme and for him it works.

Regards
luebking

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:10 pm
/usr/share/icons/breeze-dark/themerc
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:26 pm
There is just a "index.theme" file.
luebking

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:25 pm
Just as good (actually better since it's the interpreted file, sorry - my bad)
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:29 pm
Here is the file: http://pastebin.com/S9aNYxJY

Should be ok, it's the default theme file. Could you have a look?
sxe
Registered Member
OS

Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:33 pm
Hi luebking,
did you have a chance to look at the file? I am still having this problem, even after the latest KDE 7 Applications update.

Regards
luebking

Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:27 am
No sorry. I didn't get a notification for your last post. (Happens from time to time)

Btw, paste.kde.org allows you to paste for a year.
sxe
Registered Member
OS
This was fixed today with an update to the archlinux breeze package: "upgraded breeze (5.4.2-1 -> 5.4.2-2)".

Thx for your time luebking.