This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

chrome application icons

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
djohnson
Registered Member

chrome application icons

Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:17 am
So i am new to running linux full time but i am loving it so far but the only problem i have is my chrome app icons all show the chrome icon. i can make it not group the icons but i still cant tell what app it is but is there a way in the taskbar to show the chrome application icon? specifically hangouts. and just a little addition if someone could explain how to make the hangouts app to always open with no borders that would help too
hughwilliams
Registered Member

Re: chrome application icons

Wed May 18, 2016 9:13 am
Just want to confirm that I also have this issue despite specifying icon paths in .desktop files. Plank launcher finds the right icons but the KDE Icons only task manager displays them all with chrome icon.
dsainz
Registered Member

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:22 pm
Same problem here - all Chrome's icons are shown with the main Google Chrome icon, making it difficult to bring the Hangouts application (or verifying for pending notifications for such application).

If I open the Hangouts or Google Keep application from the menu the icon is only shown while the application is loading but then dissapears and only the Chrome icon remains.

Does anybody knows has a workaround for this?
mzainsheikh
Registered Member

Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:34 am
Any progress on this issue?. it will be awesome if chrome application show on task bar with their own icons.
Thanks
mblasco
Registered Member