This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Splash and Lockscreen Options, Plasma 5.x

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Taliesin Emrys
Registered Member
OS
G'day folks.

Three questions.

1. how do you change the background image for the new splash screen.

2. the lock screen shows time in 12 hour format, where I prefer to use 24 hour format. How can this be changed?

3. the lock screen shows a 'battery charge state' fine for a laptop, but I'd rather not see this on my desktop. Can this be disabled?

Thank you in advance for any advice provided.

Cheers.

In continuing my search I found the following tutorial on the Kubuntu Forum site.

Plasma 5 background images

It was an interesting read, and so I followed through.

Everything seemed to be in order until I got to this stage.

Code: Select all
~/Pictures/Theme$ plasmapkg2 -t lookandfeel -i org.dave.crofty.desktop
pluginname:  "org.dave.crofty.desktop"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                         
-- Copying  "/home/dave/.local/share/plasma/look-and-feel/org.dave.crofty.desktop/metadata.desktop" "/home/dave/.local/share/kservices5/plasma-lookandfeel-org.dave.crofty.desktop.desktop"                                                                                   
Could not register package as service (this is not necessarily fatal): "plasma-lookandfeel-org.dave.crofty.desktop.desktop"                                                                                                                                                   
Successfully installed /home/dave/Pictures/Theme/org.dave.crofty.desktop

The key line that differs from the output of the command in the tutorial is as follows

Could not register package as service (this is not necessarily fatal):

I am unsure as to the cause of the problem,

1. Perhaps the tutorial is outdated
2. I've stuffed up somewhere along the way, though I did delete the originally 'installed' files rebooted and tried again, (same result).

Perhaps someone who is up to speed on this could check the Kubuntu Forum post out, see if it is still valid or.....
....point me in the right direction.

Cheers once again.

Edit: Gosh folks, a whole week and no thoughts, insights, useful information. These forums aren't as helpful as I remember them to be.
georgelivesey
Registered Member
I have exactly the same problem, I only have one splash screen to choose from (and it doesn’t match my theme) :-\ so I've been frantically searching the web to no avail. I was surprised that there was no proper UI option to add more like there is for other theme elements. Perhaps this will be added in the future. Anyways, if you find out anything important please mention it. I'll do the same.
Rog131
Registered Member
Same kind of :

KDE Forums:
- Lock screen theme: viewtopic.php?f=289&t=126691
- Is possible add other splash screen & change start icon?: viewtopic.php?f=289&t=125293
- Wrong time format in plasma5 lock screen: viewtopic.php?f=289&t=130484