This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

wallpaper?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kuvanito
Registered Member
OS

wallpaper?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:52 pm
is there any alternative way to change the wallpaper in KDE?
I mean other than right click on the desktop, I do not have that option on my desktop by choice neither I have the Desktop Settings Menu any where
why is it that something so commonly use in any OS wouldn't be included as default in KDE?
there are all kinds of settings in System Settings BUT to change the Wallpaper, that my dear friends really **** me off and scare me to try KDE again
the eye candy is nice and all of that BUT I do not like to have the option of Right Click on any of my Desktops there fore I did Removed it and since I do not need the right click on my desktop I also remove the Desktop Settings Widget, guess what BIG MISTAKE since that is the Only Way KDE can change a simple Wallpaper. I guess here settings for everything separated in KDE no thanks!!!
If you care to help, I am all ears. Good day to all :)
also its a bit too hard to remove things from the panel unless you create a new one and remove the unwanted panel with icons you don't want any more......
google01103
Manager

Re: wallpaper?  Topic is solved

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:20 pm
alt+d, alt+s (do not let up the alt key) while focused on the desktop or using show desktop will bring up the deskktop menu

to remove thing from the panel click on the panel setting icon (the far right of the panel) then right click what you want removed

moved to Appearance sub forum

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

kuvanito
Registered Member
OS

Re: wallpaper?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:33 pm
thank you
holding Alt and pressing D and S one after the other holding Alt did the trick for me, it brought back Desktop Settings-Plasma which haven't seen in hours :)
also clicking on the panel settings or three horizontal lines and then hovering over unwanted icon shows the X to remove it
very interesting.....
Rog131
Registered Member

Re: wallpaper?

Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:16 pm
is there any alternative way to change the wallpaper in KDE?

With the Plasma 4 : https://www.kubuntuforums.net/showthrea ... er-changer

With the Plasma 5: the 'drag&drop' an image to the desktop is working