This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Make windows/panel background affect gtk+ apps?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
SpeKtre
Registered Member
OS
Hello!

Is there a way to make color settings from systemsettings5 affect gtk+ applications?

In systemsettings5 "appearance" - "color" - "colors" - "window background" is changed, but it does not affect gtk+ applications, such as firefox (tab area) and filezilla (menu panel area), see screentshot.
google01103
Manager
in systemsettings -> Application Style there should be a Gnome Application Style (GTK) module, in openSUSE it is the package kde-gtk-config5

kde-gtk-config5 - KCM Module to Configure GTK2 and GTK3 Applications Appearance Under KDE

kde-gtk-config is a KCM module to configure GTK2 and GTK3 applications appearance under KDE.
Among its many features, it lets you:
- Choose which theme is used for GTK2 and GTK3 applications.
- Tweak some GTK applications behaviour.
- Select what icon theme to use in GTK applications.
- Select GTK applications default fonts.
- Easily browse and install new GTK2 and GTK3 themes.

there are also some gtk2 and gkt3 breeze and oxygen theme packages that are probably used, also there is a long thread "how to integrate Firefox into KDE" viewtopic.php?f=14&t=17786&hilit=theme+firefox

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

SpeKtre
Registered Member
OS
I am using Arch Linux, and for the purpure of integration there are breeze-gtk and kde-gtk-config packages, they are installed. I have 'breeze' theme selected in the 'application style' - 'gtk' but it appears to not to use color theme (or use the one in the original breeze theme regardless of the changes I made in 'color' section of systemsettings).

And the question is not only about firefox (I know it may have a lot of specific things), but about, say, filezilla also.
google01103
Manager
you may need to use the Gnome config app to change those, don't use so not sure

OpenSuse Leap 42.1 x64, Plasma 5.x

Rog131
Registered Member
A hickup with the GTK+ 3.20:

Bug 361066 - [Feature Request] GTK+ 3.20 support : https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=361066