This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

script to turn screen locker on and off

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
cw9000
Registered Member
I have been using okular for Math notes in a pdf file. I find that I read part of a problem and try to figure it out without moving the mouse or touching the keyboard, just using pencil and paper. Eventually my screen locker turns on, and/or my screen turns off. I know how to change these settings in system settings.
This is not the point.

I found in my .config folder on my OpenSuse 42.1 Leap 64-bit, Plasma 5 linux install, the file kscreenlockerrc. I wrote a script to switch out the file with one that says
Code: Select all
Autolock=false

This works out great and even shows screen locker unchecked in system settings. Unfortunately it doesn't update the system with this new data. The ScreenLocker still comes on.

I also saved two versions of powermanagementprofilesrc, one when automatically turning the screen off and one without this. Again, it works with system settings. But my screen still turns off ( actually to be honest I haven't really tested this out, I just assume it has the same behavior as the screen locker )

The point of the script is that I set it to a key-combo shortcut that I can invoke when I am using okular, and it even sends me a nifty "notify-send" notification that it is turned on or off.

So my question is if there is a way to update the system once I switch out one of these files: ~/.config/kscreenlockerrc or ~/.config/powermanagementprofilesrc

Thanks for your time.