This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KMail unread mail tray icon for Breeze dark theme

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
askembris
Registered Member
OS
Hi guys,

Recently, Bug #355785 was fixed and now the correct icon for new email is used by KMail in system tray. The icon is intended for use in dark themes, which means it will have a dark background.

However, with the overlay of the number of new emails, you have a number (coloured according to the system's 'View-Link' appearance settings) being overlayed over a dark background on top of the white envelope. I have tried all View-link colours I could think of, but no combination makes the number of new emails particularly readable.

I have two suggestions for this: 1) Either leave the centre of the envelope "empty", so that the numbers are overlayed over just the dark background, and light-coloured links are visible or 2) Make the icon solid and light-coloured (as was the oxygen icon but consistent with breeze-dark icon set, if possible), so that at least dark coloured links are visible.

This is just a suggestion to make the system tray icon and overlay more readable, as currently, as noted by other users, the text is hardly readable.