This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE 3.5 desktop appearence: is it available still?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
elenas
Registered Member
Hi everyone. Newbie here, and not natively English-speaking, so have mercy. o)
I've been using KDE for many many years on Opensuse with great satisfaction, not upgrading it for years (didn't need, for I use my pc mainly for email and internet and simple office tasks) . Now I'm gonna switch to Mint.
My main issue is: I've always kept KDE 3.5 because I simply adore the classical look of the desktop and menus, so incredibly similar to those of windows XP (not to mention that I love Konqueror to explore files, dislike dolphin).
I dislike visual effects, transparencies, descriptions, widgets, clutter on my desktop. Yes, I like my pc boring (it's pretty old too, so too many effects probably would cause lag, also).
So, the question is: can this feel be replicated on the KDE version that is on Mint 17 or 18? (I've read some complaints on the stability of KDE in Mint 18 so I'm wondering if Mint 17 is a better option).
I wish to have on the new KDE what I show you in the image here, not to mention windows and icons. Can it be done, and how? I wish that keeping the same home, the old settings would be imported automatically...
Thanks for any every and any advice