This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Small icons on dolphin

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
solitone
Registered Member

Small icons on dolphin

Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:52 pm
I'm using dolphin 16.08.2 on KDE Frameworks 5.27.0, on a MacBook Pro 13" with retina display. I specified the correct size of my screen in Xorg's configuration, so now I have the correct resolution:
Code: Select all
solitone@alan:/media$ xdpyinfo |grep -B2 resolution
screen #0:
  dimensions:    2560x1600 pixels (286x179 millimeters)
  resolution:    227x227 dots per inch

Now many things are correct in size, like fonts etc. However, there are very tiny icons in dolphin--e.g. the home icon, the trash icon, etc:

Is there some tweak I could consider?
solitone
Registered Member

Re: Small icons on dolphin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:45 pm
Well, sorry, I've just found out that's very simple! :< It's enough to select the appropriate icon size. On the toolbar or in the left pane, right-click -> Icon size -> Large (32x32). Now I just need to find out how to enlarge icons in the context menu as well.

And then solve some other issues with several other applications, again related to text size. For instance KMail. When I read an HTML message, the rendered web page is so small that I almost can't read it.
solitone
Registered Member

Re: Small icons on dolphin

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:56 pm
solitone wrote:Now I just need to find out how to enlarge icons in the context menu as well

System Settings -> Appearance -> Icons -> Icons tab -> Advanced -> Small Icons -> set size to 32