This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

running icons and icons on taskbar duplicate

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Michael
Registered Member
OS
Situation: i have some application icons on the taskbar. For example Krusader, Kontact, etc. When I start (click on the icon) the program, I get an additional icon for Krusader.
Question: Is it possible to avoid that activity? I do not wish to have an additional icon for the running application.

Note: It seems there is no difference between the icon of an application icon and and a running application icon.

Michael, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. / KaOS Linux user
wolfi323
Registered Member
OS
Michael wrote:Situation: i have some application icons on the taskbar. For example Krusader, Kontact, etc. When I start (click on the icon) the program, I get an additional icon for Krusader.
Question: Is it possible to avoid that activity? I do not wish to have an additional icon for the running application.

Apparently you added the icons to the panel.
Add them to the task manager instead, by right-clicking on the entry of a running application and choosing "Create a launcher" from the context menu.
These "launchers" should disappear when click on them and the application is started.
Michael
Registered Member
OS
Thank you I found the conext menu. It works as you described, thanks.

Michael, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Oct. / KaOS Linux user