This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KDE recognizes my Wacom tablet as a joystick

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
canariafreddy
Registered Member
OS
I'm using Linux Mint 18.1, and for some reason the KDE settings don't show up the configuration for Wacom tablets, and instead it recognizes mine as a joystick. It is a Wacom Intuos CTL 480. I read someone had a similar problem but the only answer, which suggested to install the most recent version of wacom-input, doesn't work to me, and it seems that the kernel recognizes the tablet by typing the 'xsetwacom list devies' and reading the connected devices, which are my tablet, my stylus and my eraser. I can also use the configuration given in Gnome-like environments, but it isn't as complete as KDE's, so the problems seems to have to do with KDE, since I had the similar issue when testing Linux Mint 17.3 KDE and Manjaro KDE some months ago.

It's been a pain, since I've had similar issues with Windows 10 and I haven't able to use my tablet in three days.
iateadonut
Registered Member
Did you ever figure this out?
sreckom
Registered Member
Not sure what exactly you want here? KDE5 application for setting up Wacom tablet? If so there is no working one, so we have to wait that some volunteer to fix it.
As far as I can tell you Wacom is recognized, system settings recognized it as Joystick but that does not influence how Wacom works, so just disregard that. And if you want to set it differently than defaults you will need to use xsetwacom through terminal to do that.
al-dy
Registered Member
OS