This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Is there a non-schematic variation of the Breeze icons?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
kde-negora
Registered Member
Hello:

I've a question with regard to the Breeze icon set. Would you be kind enough to help me, please?

Breeze uses schematic (line-based) versions of its icons for the smallest sizes. They usually contain 1 colour (monochrome); 2 at most. If I'm not mistaken, the use of these type of forms allows the theme engine to change their colours in real-time, according to the colours of the workspace theme. For example, an icon can look white when it's used with a black theme, but can look black over a white theme.

I guess that it's also faster to render this type of icons than other with lots of details.

But I find it more difficult to identify quickly an icon of this type than one with "more colour". With the Oxygen icon set, it was easier to quickly find a specific function in applications with lots of buttons, such as LibreOffice. In Dolphin, it was also faster to identify the type of a file by its icon, when using the "Details" view mode.

In spite of this, I love the Brezee icon set. So I want to know if you know of any unofficial variation of it that uses, for the smaller sizes, forms that look like more similar to the bigger ones.

Thank you!