This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

System keeps on forgetting my 2-monitor layout

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
tzell
Registered Member
OS
Hi, I am a happy user of KDE Neon 5.10 on my laptop. Things work really well so far but there is one annoying fact concerning my two monitor setup which I am trying to get rid of. I am frequently switching between single monitor un-docked and a docked dual monitor setup which means I have to go through this multiple times a day.

Whenever I switch from un-docked to 2 monitor the system forgets about the dual monitor layout I previously set in the settings/display dialog.
When I do a fresh start both monitors are active until I reach the logon screen, showing the same content (duplicated) until after the logon which is when one monitor switches off and I have to manually go back into settings, re-activate the monitor and redo the layout.
When the system comes out of hibernation only one monitor is active so I have to go back to settings as well and activate the monitor and apply the layout I want.

Long story short, is there any way for me to automatically set the settings I want? Maybe keep a copy of the config file which I copy over the active one via a script?
I looked in various places such as /usr/share/kde4/ and ~/.config but wasn't able to find the file which contains screen layouts.
And I guess once I copy the config file(s) I will also need a command to make KDE re-read the config?

Any help is really appreciated
Thomas
tzell
Registered Member
OS
No one out there who knows where KDE (Plasma 5.10.3) stores it's monitor layout? Or alternatively, how to change the default settings in system settings/display so I can get my layout back with clicking the default button.