This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

unified scrolling

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
mac12m99
Registered Member

unified scrolling

Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:49 pm
Hi all and sorry for my bad english :)

I've used kde for some months, i liked it very much, but i noticed a thing a bit boring:
Scrolling speed is not the same in all applications, for example in Dolphin scrolling is really fast, but in start menu is very very slow(when scrolling app list), in the end every app has its "own scroll speed".
It wouldn't be better if all kde application(at least) had the same scrolling speed?

This topic is not intended on "dev, do it now", but is intended to be a place where discuss about this :)

PS
I've also noticed that if mouse is "inside" a slider, the middle button will move it, this is a great thing, but when you want to scroll the entire "page" is very frustating :(
Maybe youl can do this:" if there's nothing other to scroll, then scroll slider"

Thanks for the attention :)
johnchaney
Registered Member

Re: unified scrolling

Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:57 am
Idk if this is a necrobump or not, but I totally agree with you OP.

How would this possibly be done? I'm guessing it'd need to be implemented at the hardware level or at least in some higher-level KDE framework as a whole. I'd love to see more unification in KDE in general though lol.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: unified scrolling

Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:45 pm
May I recommend a couple of better places for furthering discussion or moving towards getting this: the Brainstorm forum (primarily for requesting new features or major changes) and the Visual Design Group forum (primarily for addressing the visual design of the software, including addressing various of these kinds of "paper cut" issues). Both are regularly frequented and likely to result in more discussion and action.

The rate that a given view will scroll is usually defined by either the widget or the application hosting the widget, so it is entirely within our control to adjust the scroll rates of different views.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.