This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

RSA and kscreensaver/Alternate screen saver apps

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
jaykappa
Registered Member
Hey,

My company wants to start using RSA tokens to grant employees access to machines. I began testing today and most of the testing was going smoothly until we began testing kscreensaver with RSA agent. It does not seem to matter what I try if I alter PAM settings for kscreensaver it stops working. Unfortunately I do not have the exact error messages as I am not at home, but generally kscreensaver stated no authentication could occur because it was not working properly. I spent most of the day playing with PAM with little progress to show for it, other than getting to know PAM a whole lot more. If kscreensaver truly cannot work with RSA then I would like to try another screensaver application.

How can I remove kscreensaver from Plasma and install and use gnome-screensaver or mate-screensaver? I would like to see if this problem with RSA and PAM are localized to kscreensaver.

Thanks in advance!
jaykappa
Registered Member
Still no success on getting this to work. If I modify PAM settings for kscreensaver or kpasscheck it seems the whole screensaver authentication process falls apart. I continue to receive the aforementioned error.

It also seems I cannot have another screen locker in place of the kscreensaver; at least not without compiling my own.