This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Disk-manager in KDE settings with further polkit options?

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
olivierm
Registered Member
Hello,

in the context of my HDD mounting issue (https://forum.kde.org/viewtopic.php?f=224&t=151674), which has been solved so far (but the solution will maybe not update-proof), I wonder why the - otherwise very detailed - KDE system setting interface does not have a submenu entry under "Hardware", where the mounting / unmounting rights for a given partition can be granted to users / groups?

This would be a logical extension of the already existing disk-manager, where the mountpoint and fstab parameters can be set conveniently. Yet, the existence of the disk-manager is less prominent, because this application is only accessible from terminal, but not via the KDE settings, where one would look for it.

Best regards,

Oli
TKL-Ansi
Registered Member
OS
well yeah, use mount options uid and gid for user and group rights.

(doesn't work for all filesystems)

:wq
olivierm
Registered Member
Hello TKL-Ansi,

as you already stated in the other thread: Filesystem ext4 does not allow uid and gid as a mount option.

That's why I made the proposal to integrate somehow the good old disk-manager in the KDE settings and implement the newer development of that polkit stuff right there and in an user-friendly way.

Kind regards,

Oli