This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

distinction between active and inactive windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
Ayenn Ul
Registered Member
I use Breeze Dark theme and would like to add some distinction between active and inactive windows. I have chosen Oxygen theme for windows decorations which appears to distinguish active and inactive windows by adding some shining borders to the active one.

However, it didn't work in my case. Could you please point out what I am missing?

Sorry, I do not understand how to attach the screenshot: https://yadi.sk/i/RaAACpRI3UDKmR
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Hmm.. you seem to be missing the titlebars altogether.
Is kwin actually running? Do you have something which is taking the place of the titlebars?

At the very least even if you have somehow deactivated the titlebars, so long as kwin is still running I'd expect the "shadow" (or hightlight) to still show up. (You configure them in the Shadows tab of either the Oxygen or Breeze decoration config dialogs.)

Another option for distinguishing active/inactive windows, (having the titlebars showing) is that you can configure the titlebar colors separately by editing the color scheme.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Ayenn Ul
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:Hmm.. you seem to be missing the titlebars altogether.
Is kwin actually running? Do you have something which is taking the place of the titlebars?

At the very least even if you have somehow deactivated the titlebars, so long as kwin is still running I'd expect the "shadow" (or hightlight) to still show up. (You configure them in the Shadows tab of either the Oxygen or Breeze decoration config dialogs.)

Another option for distinguishing active/inactive windows, (having the titlebars showing) is that you can configure the titlebar colors separately by editing the color scheme.

Hi, thank you for the answer!

Yes, I have deactivated the titlebars (via the last right tab on the screenshot). As far as I understand, my current settings are supposed to show the shadows:
https://yadi.sk/i/q7zi3xnQ3UPnGo

Looks like I am missing something
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
If you re-activate the titlebars, do the shadows show up?

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
Ayenn Ul
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:If you re-activate the titlebars, do the shadows show up?

No, they don't