This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

konsole color

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
pepro
Registered Member

konsole color

Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:22 pm
Hi guys!!
I'm using plasma 5 on both gentoo and arch linux.

I don't know if you could help me, in the Konsole on arch linux I have just one color, I can change it from the setting, but what I want to do is to have for expample just my name and the ~ of different color just like it is on gentoo, but there it was automatic.

if I remeber well , in debian too, this option was automatic.

I now for expample that I can edit ~/.xsession to change terminal like rxvt-unicode, but dont know if I have to do that for konsole too!!!

sorry for my basic english!!

tank u
airdrik
Registered Member
OS

Re: konsole color

Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:04 pm
Well, there are a couple of places where you can configure the colors used.

First off, you can customize the color scheme used by Konsole when displaying different colored output by going to Settings -> Edit Current Profile -> Appearance. There should be a few color schemes you can choose from or you can create your own. This process is specific to Konsole, though other terminal emulators provide some means for you to change the color scheme.

Secondly, you can customize what displays as your prompt by setting the $PS1 environment variable in your ~/.bashrc file. A quick search for Bash Prompt Customization should pull up a variety of blog posts and other resources to help you with that.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.