This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

KGraphViewer's default font

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
ytomino
Registered Member
OS

KGraphViewer's default font

Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:42 am
Hi.

After I has installed the cursive font "Alex Brush", KGraphViewer came to use it as the default font.
"Alex Brush" is designed as beautiful script. It's wonderful.
Instead, some dot files containing no font designation are hard to read now.

I want to change the default font of KGraphViewer, but cannot find the setting.
How does KGraphViewer select the default font?

Just to be sure, I tried to search the source code and found the constant DOT_DEFAULT_FONTNAME ("Sans"), but it is unused.
https://github.com/KDE/kgraphviewer/blo ... nt.cpp#L63

Thanks.
Mamarok
Manager
OS

Re: KGraphViewer's default font

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:37 am
AFAIK you can change the default font only systemwide for all KDE applications, in the System Settings. I don't think you can change it per application.

Running Kubuntu 22.10 with Plasma 5.26.3, Frameworks 5.100.0, Qt 5.15.6, kernel 5.19.0-23 on Ryzen 5 4600H, AMD Renoir, X11
FWIW: it's always useful to state the exact Plasma version (+ distribution) when asking questions, makes it easier to help ...
ytomino
Registered Member
OS

Re: KGraphViewer's default font

Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:49 pm
Mamarok wrote:AFAIK you can change the default font only systemwide for all KDE applications, in the System Settings. I don't think you can change it per application.

Thanks for replying.
Mumumu...
My default font is "Noto Sans Display 10". However, KGraphViewer does not follow it.

I'm guessing that KGraphViewer searches the font from A to Z in alphabetical order, so "DejaVu Sans" had been used since there are no font beginning with A, B, or C installed by KDE neon.
I had tried to remove "Alex Brush" and add "Courgette" (that is another cursive font), then KGraphViewer used it.
Also I has tried with "Italianno", KGraphViewer keeps using the sans font in this case.

No cursive font is installed.

"Courgette" is installed, but the font setting is not changed.