This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

pcmanfm image and video thumbnails needed

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
leftistdirtbag
Registered Member
good day,

o.k. yesterday i made pcmanfm my default file manager cause in dolphin linked shortcuts kept breaking, and in pcmanfm they don't break. however with pcmanfm i don't seem to be able yo get my thumbnails. the folder view mode is set to thumbnail view. i would of thought when i added the packages to force dolphin to show thumbnails like in windows it would of been universal, but no. please any help fixing this would be greatly appreciated. thanks
kde-cfeck
Registered Member
I suggest to ask PCManFM/LXDE developers, because it is not developed by KDE developers.
leftistdirtbag
Registered Member
kde-cfeck wrote:I suggest to ask PCManFM/LXDE developers, because it is not developed by KDE developers.

ok since you want to be that way how about instructions for keeping dolphim from breaking shortcuts / links since i do have my thumbnails it it. thanks
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
Can you please describe the problem you are seeing in detail. What shortcuts are breaking and in what ways?
Also, please tell us which versions of your Distro and Dolphin you are using.

Btw, the suggestion to ask in another forum is trying to be helpful - you will more likely get better answers (and your question may have already been answered) on the forum specific to the software.

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
leftistdirtbag
Registered Member
airdrik wrote:Can you please describe the problem you are seeing in detail. What shortcuts are breaking and in what ways?
Also, please tell us which versions of your Distro and Dolphin you are using.

Btw, the suggestion to ask in another forum is trying to be helpful - you will more likely get better answers (and your question may have already been answered) on the forum specific to the software.

o.k. i have a folder on the desktop for shortcuts / links. seems like after using them a few times they break. the links vary from appimage, sh, ones that i sent to the desktop via the start menu, one that doesn't seem to have a file extension. when they break i mean when i click on them they open kwriter instead of the actual program they're linked to. i'm currently running kde neon 18.04, and dolphin is 18.05.3.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
One thing that comes to mind is double-checking that the executable flag is set on the shortcut: right-click on it -> properties -> Permissions -> Check: Is executable.

You can also double-check the file associations by going into the file's properties and clicking on File Type Options (in the General tab) and verifying the ordering in the Application Preference Order list. Usually it will use whichever entry is at the top by default (unless the executable flag is set in which case it should invoke it directly).

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.