This forum has been archived. All content is frozen. Please use KDE Discuss instead.

Force theme to indicate open windows

Tags: None
(comma "," separated)
CodingEagle02
Registered Member
OS
Hi. I've found a theme I really like for KDE (Transparent-Dark Kruna #notsponsored).
However, it doesn't show which windows in the (icons only) task manager are open, only the one that is active. That's quite inconvenient for me, since my layout theoretically has a windows-like dock, with pinned apps and open apps are under the same area.
I was wondering if there's a way to force the theme to do that? I've discovered the tool Application Colour Scheme, but I'm not sure that can do what I want it to - I haven't found any way to.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
I'd assume that's defined as part of the desktop theme.
I don't know the details, but you can try installing a couple of different themes and compare the ones which distinguish open vs. pinned with your preferred theme and see what you might need to change in your preferred theme to enable that feature.

The per-user desktop themes should be saved under ~/.local/share/plasma/desktoptheme while system-installed themes would be under /usr/share/plasma/desktoptheme

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.
CodingEagle02
Registered Member
OS
Yeah, I'm aware of that and the alternative of looking into other themes. I've already had a look at some various themes, but none of them fit quite right. I don't know, I'll look more into them and maybe mess with the blur settings to see if they work out if I don't find another way.
airdrik
Registered Member
OS
You can also compare the files in the different themes to see what you might need to change in your preferred theme to enable the missing feature.
Themes are primarily composed of images and qml files which are text files that describe the look-and-feel of the theme.
More details can be found in https://techbase.kde.org/Development/Tu ... asma/Theme

airdrik, proud to be a member of KDE forums since 2008-Dec.